eminem.083104.jpg
white.space.gif
white.space.gif
[font=verdana,helvetica]Eminem in Rehab
[/font][font=verdana,helvetica]
by Charlie Amter
[/font][font=verdana,helvetica]Aug 18, 2005, 4:05 PM PT

[/font][font=verdana,helvetica]

Two days after deep-sixing his European tour citing "exhaustion," Eminem has confirmed through his publicist that he is in drug rehabilitation.

The Grammy-winning rapper "is in the hospital under doctors' care," Interscope Records spokesman Dennis Dennehy said in a brief statement Thursday. "He is being treated for dependency on sleep medication."

No further details were released. However, Star magazine reported that the rapper, accompanined by two bodyguards, had checked in to a facility in his native Michigan on Tuesday.

That was the same day Dennehy released a statement announcing the cancellation of the 10-date European leg of the rapper's Anger Management 3 tour. At the time, Dennehy would only say the 32-year-old performer nixed the trip due to "exhaustion, complicated by other medical issues" and that he was being treated for the undisclosed maladies.

Eminem has rapped about the wonders of LSD, has reportedly popped Ecstasy and even sports a Vicodin tattoo on his left arm, but he had claimed to have reformed his bad-boy lifestyle over the past few years.

His European sojourn was set to kick off Sept. 1 in Hamburg and wrap Sept. 17 in Dublin. The dates won't likely be rescheduled.

Eminem had finished the U.S. run of the tour, which also featured 50 Cent, Lil Jon and members of the G-Unit crew, Aug. 13 in his hometown of Detroit.

The trek had been marred by a major bus accident en route to Denver July 13, in which several members of the tour, including Eminem's deejay, were hospitalized.

News of Eminem's rehab stint comes amid some other trouble for the rapper. After having weathered salvos from his mother, grandmother and ex-wife, Eminem now faces a lawsuit from his aunt and uncle, Betty and Jack Schmitt, who claim he is trying to evict them from a house he had built for them and renegged on a promise to pay them a yearly stipend of $100,000. In their suit filed Aug. 12 in Michigan's Macomb County Court, the couple are seeking $350,000 in cash and ownership of the property, according to documents posted at the Smoking Gun.

In July, the Detroit Free Press reported the rapper otherwise known as Marshall Mathers III would be retiring from recording and performing following the European tour and instead focus on producing other artists.

But Mathers angrily dismissed the report, telling MTV.com, "When I say I'm taking a break, I'm taking a break from my music to go in the studio and produce my other artists and put their albums out.

"When I know my next move, I'll tell everyone my next move."

If indeed he retires, he will go out as the best selling hip-hop artist of all time. His four solo studio albums--1999's The Slim Shady LP, 2000's The Marshall Mathers LP, 2002's The Eminem Show and Encore--have moved more than 25 million copies in the U.S. alone and generated sales of more than $1 billion.

He's also won nine Grammys to go along with his Best Song Oscar for the 8 Mile track "Lose Yourself."

As an A&R man for his Shady Records, he guided 50 Cent's monster-selling debut release, Get Rich or Die Tryin', and has shepherded releases for his G-Unit posse and his Detroit rap crew D12.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,17184,00.html?fdnews
[/font]

yay i simply can't wait till he gets out so i can hear him whinge about how messed up he is, again......and again and again and again on the radio.:sick:

What a dysfunctional family. Maybe he needs new material for his next project. I can see him making another movie.

For some reason, I never pieced Eminem and addiction together. No clue why, but... I guess overall, it doesn't have me surprised, now.

I feel so naive and silly for being surprised by this...but I really am.

I didn't read the article.. but I just had to post.. Eminem bugs the $h*t out of me.

A bit hypocritical of him to blast his ex-wife as an unfit mother because she abused drugs.

I suppose both of them are unfit now. I feel bad for his daughter. She should be living in a functional family.

^ Me too. She seems like a real sweet kid. I hope she doesn't grow up like her mom or dad.

morgan38 said:
I feel so naive and silly for being surprised by this...but I really am.

I'm not surprised at all. There was one VMAs where he was sitting with self-proclaimed drug dealer 50 cent in the audience and well, he did not look too good. He was nodding off, which looked quite funny compared to his usual aggressive persona.

hmm... what does suprise me in this crazy world?

I feel sorry for the daughter she must get so messed up.

Just for further info in this thread, Eminem is going to rehab for an unexpected addiction to a sleeping pill. He had been expiriencing severe insomnia while he was touring (sometimes only getting about an hour of sleep at night). I'm not really sure what the sleeping pill is called right now (something with a 'A'). He was taking more than the required dosage of the pills (which already have a high risk of being addictive) which caused an opposite effect on his body. I'm not really for slamming people while they are down, and I hope he gets the help he needs. You people are kinda agressive when it comes to him :P

Bella

I think you are referring to ambien. Docotors seem to hand it out like candy, but it can get you more messed up then many other drugs out there. The normal dosage is 10 mg.... if you resist the urge to sleep after about 10 minutes of taking it... the drug produces a very nice, numbing effect and increases your self-confidence, makes you very social and happy and content. You can also have pretty pleasent halucinations on it. The next morning you wont remember anything you did or say the night before. I have taken it for severe insomnia before and one night I started hallucinating and though my purse rack was an evil english butler trying to kill me. I have also taken the normal dosage of it and then confessed my deepest darkest secrets to friends on the phone and had no recollection the next day. This drug seems to have such serious addiction potential.... and for some odd reason you can get free samples of it like it was hand lotion. Buyer beware.

AT LEAST it's notable that he's getting help for it.

I hope he gets through this because even though I'm not a rap fan at all, I do think that Eminem is one of the few rappers who actually has talent.

Poor guy.. Not sleeping is the worst. Your mind starts to play tricks on you. I'm proud of him for getting help. I know if I couldn't sleep I'd take sleeping pills as well.

Good luck to him.

I've been a fan since early Slim Shady days. It's all an act, IMO. He actually is talented.

colby24 said:
I think you are referring to ambien. Docotors seem to hand it out like candy, but it can get you more messed up then many other drugs out there. The normal dosage is 10 mg.... if you resist the urge to sleep after about 10 minutes of taking it... the drug produces a very nice, numbing effect and increases your self-confidence, makes you very social and happy and content. You can also have pretty pleasent halucinations on it. The next morning you wont remember anything you did or say the night before. I have taken it for severe insomnia before and one night I started hallucinating and though my purse rack was an evil english butler trying to kill me. I have also taken the normal dosage of it and then confessed my deepest darkest secrets to friends on the phone and had no recollection the next day. This drug seems to have such serious addiction potential.... and for some odd reason you can get free samples of it like it was hand lotion. Buyer beware.

You too! I took it when I was very worked up - and resisted falling asleep and before you know it I saw wonderful colors in black shirts, walls floating down (I was trying to get my bf to do something about it and he was like QUE?) and 18th century paintings on the bathroom floor. It was really rather nice, but I don't really like to feel my brain frying.

I think they are handing it out like candy because it's been shown to not be addictive - well compared to opiates and barbs. My guess is that the tattoo he has on his shoulder is a pointer in the right direction. Vicodin is really nice and I can see how you can get addicted to it.

Oh, also, I don't think of him as a bad or weak person at all. His getting help is only a sign of courage and self-criticism :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
No wonder he and his wife stick together. They have quite a common bond: jail, rehab, jail, rehab.......They're like the white Bobby and Whitney. :lol: But I'm huge fan of his music so I hope he gets well and continue producing and rapping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->