26b.jpg

Joy Milan F/W 09 Showcard
emmachamptaloup.jpg

supermodels.nl

NZ Herald article:
Armani picks Kiwi model for runway show

4:00AM Sunday Mar 01, 2009
Rebecca Lewis

Few models can claim to be hand-picked by Georgio Armani, but that's exactly what happened to one lucky Kiwi.
Emma Champtaloup, 20, was chosen from 200 models to walk the catwalk at the fashion powerhouse's show in Milan Fashion Week on Friday.
Champtaloup, who finished studying at Diocesan School in Auckland two years ago, has spent the last year jetting between shows in such glamorous locations as Singapore, Hong Kong, London and New York.
Her mother, Fiona Champtaloup, said Armani's personal backing has been the biggest boost to Emma's career so far and she is "extremely excited" about her daughter's success.
"I got a call in the middle of the night and it was her yelling, 'guess what, guess what!' and she was just over the moon about it," Fiona said.
"She said Georgio Armani had hand-picked her and sat with her for half an hour while he looked through her books and talked to her about herself, before asking her to walk in his show."
"She said they got along really well and that he was a lovely man. It's amazing, I'm extremely excited for her."
Champtaloup is signed with Auckland-based modelling agency Red Eleven and has appeared at New Zealand Fashion Week and in several magazines. Manager Mandy Jacobsen said the Armani connection would boost her career - and her number of bookings.
"There are about 2000 models at Milan Fashion Week and about 200 that audition for Armani alone, so for her to get in is amazing," said Jacobsen.
"And then for Armani himself to grab her hand and show her the outfits she'll be wearing is incredible. I've never heard of that happening for other girls from over here.
"It's extremely hard work though and I think Emma was finding it hard to book jobs before this, but now it's going to open so many doors."
Emma's mother said her daughter would continue to live overseas and appear at Fashion Weeks around the world, possibly travelling to Paris and New York later this year. About 80 fashion houses are displaying collections during the Milan Fashion Week.
nzherald.co.nz

Emma's not the only model from Diocesan, Georgia Fowler who is with IMG is at Dio, what a strange co-incidence :huh::lol:

she is gorgeous, kind of a strong look about her, she reminded me of cat mcneil in one pic, and she's very tall! that's very good, she could potentially do very well, especially now she's bff with giorgio.

:woot: Emma did Georgio Armani aswell :smile:, not suprising after reading the article
398-1.jpg

Red11

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->