Emporio Armani F/W 10.11 Milan

emporio-armani.1.00670h-2010.02.26.20.47.39.2844325_base.jpg
emporio-armani.1.00680h-2010.02.26.20.47.12.1128237_base.jpg

style

what awful hair..this whole thing is leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth

The hair is pretty bad, but somehow the models make it work. I don't know if it's the makeup or what, but all the girls look REALLY GORGEOUS.

The collection itself - I don't think there's a need for all those 132 looks. If he had edited it down some it would've worked better. There are some good pieces here.

Most of the time, I think Emporio Armani is a bit dull, but this time some pieces really work for me! Some cuts are amazing! :smile:

I suppose it's not a surprise that there's something a little cold about this collection, something that tells you to keep your distance. Although I actually like the hair, because it looks like he's sent out an army of Linda Evangelistas, using the look she sported in 1989. Some wear it well, while others won't make it past the first stage of the Linda-alike competition, on account of the sheer awfulness of the wigs they were given.

Not exactly unique...but who cares when this collection screams GORGEOUS in every possible way! :woot:

i adore the jackets.. and i like the black outfits too.
overall, not bad. id rate it a 7 out of 10

i want to know what happened to the old giorgio armani!!! i swear he has gotten a complete personality transplant in the past few seasons. anyone who follows fashion knows that giorgio armani tends toward a study of textured beige in his eponymous collection and fanciful takes on black and white -- maybe a polka dot? -- in emporio. the past couple seasons, we've wonderful explorations into color, these must have furs, and even some must have accessories -- tell me that necklace wouldn't look ferosh under a rick owens jacket or those bracelets swinging past the perfect proenza pant.

i hope whoever or whatever is making him turn out this stuff doesn't go away anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked the rose detail which I've been seeing a lot in other collections too. Images from stylesight.com
emporioarmani.jpg
emporioarmani2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->