Emporio Armani Ring

unplugged66

Reaction score
About a month ago I was at Holt Renfrew (for those who don't know it is like Canada's department store for high end fashion labels) and I saw this Emporio Armani ring which I absolutley love. The ring is sterling silver and has three cuts on the side, going at the price of $200.00 plus taxes.

The reason why I haven't bought it YET, is that I have a feeling that Holt is ripping me off. Considering last time I bought a Diesel shirt at a down town shop for $50.00 and Holt was pricing the exact same shirt for $130.00 plus tax. I mean I wouldn't hold back if it was atleast 925 silver but it is sterling silver.

Do you guys think this ring is over priced? And if so is there any other place here in Canada or online stores where I could find this exact same ring?

eg10395.jpg

eg10391.jpg

eg10392.jpg

I mean I wouldn't hold back if it was atleast 925 silver but it is sterling silver.

You are aware that Sterling silver is 92.5% silver, right (ie it is 925 silver, it has a millesimal fineness of .925)? The only purer form of silver used is Britannia silver, which is extremely uncommon and normally used for ornamental tableware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I was not aware of that. What I said was based on the sales person's discription of the item. Thank you however! So do you think it is worth it?

When trying to put a price on a unique item, it's helpful to create a benchmark price that similar items have sold for. This is a simple silver ring and if we use Tiffiany's simple silver ring as a BM-then this seems expensive.
Tiffany's siver rings seem to sell for $150-250, and in order for this ring to be a value it should be substantially less than the Tiffany-maybe $75?
Just my 2$

Godot said:
When trying to put a price on a unique item, it's helpful to create a benchmark price that similar items have sold for. This is a simple silver ring and if we use Tiffiany's simple silver ring as a BM-then this seems expensive.
Tiffany's siver rings seem to sell for $150-250, and in order for this ring to be a value it should be substantially less than the Tiffany-maybe $75?
Just my 2$
I agree with Godot that the Emporio Armani piece is kinda overpriced :doh: I've got a Tiffany's 1837 Round Silver Ring which I got for around US$150. I think it's a very classic & understated piece which would look great on a guy too! :wink:

hmm, I checked out Tiffany's website & they've got this ring in square too! :flower:

Photos Source: Tiffany.com

oops! Sorry Unplugged :mrgreen: I was thinking US$200 for the Emporio Armani piece.

hmm..I like the 2nd one that retail CND$210. Simpler designs look more tasteful on men B)

A couple of weeks ago I bought a vintage silver Tiffany belt buckle on eBAY, thinking I could just have it attached to an old Coach belt. Couldn't so I relucltently went to Tiffanys to buy a belt. I was sure shopping at Tiffanys would rank right up there with a trip to the dentist and cost more.
I couldn't have been more wrong-the people were very cordial-the store itself was perfect. I wound up buying two belts (brown and black). They even wrapped them up in blue felt bags-then put the bags in a blue box-tied that with a red ribbon and put it all into a small blue shopping bag.
The sales women even put my receipt in a small envelope.
Best shopping experience ever.:D

Thanks for sharing your experience at Tiffanys. I'm always abit intimidated when entering stores so high end ei. Gucci, Louis Vuitton, D&G, Prada and etc. They usualy treat me like crap because they think I have no money (I'm only 17, thats why). Only until I actually buy something they treat me nicely. It is sad but it happens.

I know what you mean Unplugged. Years ago when I started shopping at high-end stores & luxury boutiques, I was scared shitless & really intimidated by the SAs, epecially the freaking snobbish ones :cry: Some can be really mean & downright sarcastic :yuk:

If there is anything I've learned from my experiences, it is to be confident when you step into a store, be polite, & to dress well when you go shopping. It makes a HUGE difference to the customer service you'd get at the store. It is sad that SAs judge customers by they way they dress, the bag they carry, the watch they wear etc. etc. but this is a fact of life. :(

I onced read in Sophie Kinsella's book (one of her Shopaholic novels) about the "Manhattan Once-Over" it's like a 10-Seconds Top-to-Toe judgemental "sweep" on a person. I think subconsciously we do that sometimes on certain people. As for SAs, my guess is that they do it ALL THE TIME :wink:

unplugged66 said:
About a month ago I was at Holt Renfrew (for those who don't know it is like Canada's department store for high end fashion labels) and I saw this Emporio Armani ring which I absolutley love. The ring is sterling silver and has three cuts on the side, going at the price of $200.00 plus taxes.

The reason why I haven't bought it YET, is that I have a feeling that Holt is ripping me off. Considering last time I bought a Diesel shirt at a down town shop for $50.00 and Holt was pricing the exact same shirt for $130.00 plus tax. I mean I wouldn't hold back if it was atleast 925 silver but it is sterling silver.

Do you guys think this ring is over priced? And if so is there any other place here in Canada or online stores where I could find this exact same ring?

Unplugged66..I don't know if you are located in Vancouver or Toronto..since those are the only cities I know with HR...but if you are located in Toronto, you may want to take a look at the jewellery store "MOSAIC" in Pacific Mall located at Steeles & Kennedy.

They sell nice jewellery under their own brand with nice designs.. for much cheaper than designer items of course! But if you want designer jewllery, they also have Emporio Armani (maybe they have the ring you liked!) and other high end brands.

Hope this helps!:flower:

btw, I don't know if you decided to get the Tiffany ring instead or not, but if you do find the Armani ring you like at MOSAIC, you may be able to get a discount (Chinese malls are quite negotiable), or if you know a University student with a studnet discount card, you may also get 10-15% off...possibly

sorry... my posts are so long. btw, do i sound like i'm advertising for that MOSAIC store cos I'm not haha. just happened to know they sell Armani stuff.:lol:

The Tiffany mens collection with the black Titanium is to die for. I love it all...

Hey Gsuared! I do live in Toronto, and I will look into that Mosaic place you mentioned. Thanks so much for the info. Also thank you for everyone one's comments and suggestions, I really appriciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charlierincs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->