Emporio Armani S/S 2009 : Toni, Edita, and Eddie T. by Mert & Marcus

yeah...:doh:

With every new campaign of hers that comes out, it's more and more evident that she can't carry it out alone...
She only looks good in Prada and acceptable in Chloe, when spotlight isn't on her.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, but Toni cannot carry a campaign on her own. Beautiful girl, but she fails to bring the 'it' to her pictures. When she's with someone she can play it off that other person/people, but when she's on her own, it becomes painfully obvious.

Of course it doesn't help that all three campaigns she has by herself this season have such boring set up.

Definitely her best campaign save for Prada/Chloe so far...she's echoing Malgosia more than Lara here to me :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh she's very cute and beautiful, i really like her again for this ad!!

i don't think there's any Vuitton in there. it also lacks what M&M are doing best: over the top glamor and Bourdin-esque colors.

?!

I donno... it really does reminds me with the past vuitton ads. The background, the sky, the flying hair...

Boring. Toni looks good though.

Hate the "shop at emporioarmani.com line" :ninja:

It's so on and off for me with this girl. This time she's definitely off and totally kills the campaign for me.

She fits the murketing concept (a la Buying In) in a sense. Her features do not distinguish her in any way, so it's a chameleon effect: interpret it how you will. I think her face is supposed to have a wider appeal in that way.

I like the colors. I like each of the pieces she is wearing. I just don't know how I feel about the combination of them.

I think this photo is trying to go into too many different directions at once. The hair is too hippy to be business look. The dress pants worn as shorts with a blazer fail both as casual wear and as business wear. The necklace doesn't match the style of the outfit other than in color. I think separately they are all fantastic pieces but the styling doesn't work and the pose does not add any glue to the disparate pieces.

I would play up the pink in her makeup a bit more, have her posing as straight as possible, looking into the distance. And replace the shorts with a pink skirt.

Just my opinion.

This is the same location where Anja and Magdalena shoot the Oscar de la Renta campaign.

This is boring, I agree that Toni needs to bring some other kind of expression on her face.

and Tbh, I think she looks sick. I mean with the pale skin and dark smooky eye...or maybe just bad photography.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Calvin Stark
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->