Louis Vuitton S/S 2004 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Another stellar advertising campaign from Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott, which amazingly doesn't have its very own thread: Louis Vuitton S/S 2004 with Angela Lindvall, Amber Valletta, Karen Elson, Kate Moss, Liya Kebede and Naomi Campbell:

Apart of me feels like this was on a set but very well could this been shot on location. Not sure anyone knows around here but one of my favorite from M&M. From the cast, styling, lighting. All of it is terrific.

^^^ Absolutely shot on-set with a lot of post. And it’s likely meant to look artificial— down to the saturated, bronzed skintone. The proportions between the models and the dunes are deliberately off, giving the women a colossus-feel, which was very much in tune with the Glamazon attitude of 2004. Lovely campaign, but a also very much of its time.

Hmm, I remember reading an interview with someone involved in the campaign and apparently this was shot in Dubai over 7-8 days. Katie Grand? She said something along the lines of "LV paid a fortune for this campaign only to have it end up looking like it was shot in a studio." :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->