Europe vintage shopping

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm new but I have been a long time lurker! Finally though I have a question for all the fashionistas out there all around the world.
In June I am going on my big European adventure and I was wondering more than anything else where can I get unique finds (on the cheap) vintage or otherwise in: Amsterdam, Paris, Rome, Barcelona and Madrid, Athens, London and the surrounding countries.
Any help would be much appreciated :D

London:

Carnaby Street
Portobello Market (weekends) - Nottinghill Gate
Camden Market

The three vintage stores next to each other at Notting Hill Gate used to be a great resource when I lived in London.

The sixties/seventies one out in Greenwich was also very sweet. It's the Docklands Commuter and then a short walk to Creek Road. Not open Monday I'd presume.

I have some guide to great shopping in the Netherlands, If I find it then I'll post some Amsterdam tips.

cigaretiquette said:
The three vintage stores next to each other at Notting Hill Gate used to be a great resource when I lived in London.

The sixties/seventies one out in Greenwich was also very sweet. It's the Docklands Commuter and then a short walk to Creek Road. Not open Monday I'd presume.

I have some guide to great shopping in the Netherlands, If I find it then I'll post some Amsterdam tips.

Oh yes, I should add. As cigaretiquette mentions there are vintage shops also in Nottinghill Hill these are open all the time, not just at the weekends :smile:

The Portabello Market runs on weekends, where you will probably see other vintage items/clothing also. Another option is to go on a weekend when you will find both the shops and the Market open.

http://www.londontourist.org/markets.html

http://www.camdenlock.net/fashion/vintage.html

You could also do a search on the Internet before you go: "Vintage clothing in London" should bring back a few hits B)

You girls are absolute goddesses.I managed to get some info on vintage shopping in Paris but I think it might just be a little bit of hit and miss

I know they have some famous flea markets in Paris, but I've never been to any, so unfortunately I can't be of much assistance. But it might be worth researching.

One high-end vintage shop in Paris I can recommend is Quidam de Revel, in the 3rd arondissement...excellent selection there, but it's pricey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->