Exotic Skin Handbags

jun3machina

Reaction score
i guess a thread devoted solely to bags from exotic skins, like eel, stingray, python, lizard, etc. i like the silverado by chloe in python and have seen pics of CK's new lizard skin stuff. does anyone have any pics of the new CK bags??? i was also wondering about the structure of exotic skins...im making a bag out of python right now and was curious about any of the silverado owners could tell me what their bags are lined in and if they back the snakeskin in leather. hope someone can help! oh and did anyone see that LV bag last season out of the stingray multicolor skin. i thought it was gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone own a python bag of any kind??? anything would be helpful!

jun3machina said:
anyone own a python bag of any kind??? anything would be helpful!

I have the fendi spy in python. It's held up really well, despite very regular use. The scales are pretty "firm", there've stayed in place. It's a surprisingly low maintenance bag. I've schlepped it around and it doesn't show any wear and tear.

I have the python silverado. It's held up pretty well but I'm more gentle with it than the rest of my bags. The scales are curling a little bit but it's not bad at all.

My Loewe bag made of iguana and snake is lined in leather

I have a python silverado and the skins have curled and started to flake. I love the bag and used it every day for a month so I am now putting it back in my closet for awhile.

so im thinking if i get a soft buckskin, or lightweight leather hide, it should do...i'll have to post it when im done.

I have a python Emilio Pucci bag for about 6 years. It held up well for about 3-4 years.. I've schlepepd so many papers and files in. But the scales started to curl especially around the handle area.. the person who sold it to me told me I was supposed to oil it every now and then..but I couldn't be bothered..
but Python bags are stunning and elicit looks from everyone.

morgause said:
I have a python Emilio Pucci bag for about 6 years. It held up well for about 3-4 years.. I've schlepepd so many papers and files in. But the scales started to curl especially around the handle area.. the person who sold it to me told me I was supposed to oil it every now and then..but I couldn't be bothered..
but Python bags are stunning and elicit looks from everyone.
What kind of oil would you use? I wonder if I should oil my python silverado... :huh:

yea I was wondering that too. I've started a new Handbag care/repair thread. Hopefully someone can give us an answer.. With proper care, python bags should last years.. or so I'm told =)

i didnt know where else to put this picture but i had to share. juicy couture makes a very unattractive python bag now. and its $1800!! for juicy couture, that's crazy talk! :lol:
JUICY1114813731-L.jpg

photo from shopbop.com

Hi can't find any thread on caring for croco bags.

How do you take care of croc leather?
I've got a matte white croco bag, any tips? Thanks

oops I just saw that there's a Handbag Care/Repair thread. :flower:

Stingray? Python?
Christ!
Isn't there a poor creature on earth that isn't turned into a purse?
That's just disgraceful! I'd be ashamed to carry something like that!

ive just checked them out:

VAZA by Aseef Vaza. havent seen them in real life yet but they look very promising!

This is from the Gucci Spring 2007 line. I love it!! I want it!!!

source: Gucci Ad (scanned)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->