Fashion In The Next 5 Or So Years

Just thinking about it makes me smile on the inside. Im not being funny, I guess times are a changing, and I like change.

Originally posted by As You Like It+May 29th, 2004 - 6:37 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (As You Like It @ May 29th, 2004 - 6:37 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@May 29th, 2004 - 9:35 am

as you like it...you know how it is....it;s not that your pants aren't cute...but most people really can't afford $70 for a pair of pants
No, these are people who will happily go out and blow $200+ on cheap, shoddy clothes on the weekend. It is not like they don't have money to spend, they just want LOTS of stuff, not a few good pieces

[/b][/quote]
as-you-like-it , regardless what people want to pay, i think you should ask for at least 100$ - 200$ for a handmade, made to meassure pair of trousers.

if they cannot pay that, you shouldnt even discuss with them, i absolutely think you should charge more for what you do.. if you were doing this in Athens, you could easily ask for 300$ for a pair of high quality fabric pants :wink:

i expect that designer such as Muiccia Prada, Marc Jacobs and Albert Ebaz(crap i forgot his name i think, Lanvin guy you all know...) well, i think they'll become major brands while depending on how the next few years of ysl and gucci go, i think they'll decline...

Originally posted by Lena+May 30th, 2004 - 3:33 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ May 30th, 2004 - 3:33 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by As You Like It@May 29th, 2004 - 6:37 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-softgrey
@May 29th, 2004 - 9:35 am

as you like it...you know how it is....it;s not that your pants aren't cute...but most people really can't afford $70 for a pair of pants

No, these are people who will happily go out and blow $200+ on cheap, shoddy clothes on the weekend. It is not like they don't have money to spend, they just want LOTS of stuff, not a few good pieces

as-you-like-it , regardless what people want to pay, i think you should ask for at least 100$ - 200$ for a handmade, made to meassure pair of trousers.

if they cannot pay that, you shouldnt even discuss with them, i absolutely think you should charge more for what you do.. if you were doing this in Athens, you could easily ask for 300$ for a pair of high quality fabric pants :wink: [/b][/quote]
Lena, people would think I was mocking them if I said $200.

I charge $10/hour for my labor. For the record, my day job pays me $12/hour for frankly much less skilled work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->