fashion tape: what works?

elschic111

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to take up the hem about a half inch on a 95% silk 5% elastane tank and it's not something I'll wear everyday so I am not going to bother sewing it. However, I don't want to use duct tape, because I don't want it to be obvious that it's taped...i'd like it to be a little discreet.

So I need a sticky, reliable, "discreet" tape that will work for sticking fabric on fabric--even a somewhat "heavy" fabric like silk&elastane. I was wondering what those of you who have experimented with tapes would recommend?

I've heard people say that double-stick carpet tape, toupee tape, etc. work...but I would appreciate some brand recommendations and maybe even advice on where to find them...

I just don't want to buy 4 tapes before I find one that is sticky enough.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

im a guy and need tape to tape my pants to the heels of my converse... so suggestions....

I've used the 3-M double stick tape from the local drug store for temporary hems and it works :flower:

I'm interested in suggestions too though... that tape worked, but it's a bit heavy. Must be something better :P

3m double stick tape? I used some Scotch double sided tape and it doesnt work with fabric.

I've used glue before. I just got it at a small local sewing shop and it's fabric glue which dissolves upon washing. It was quite strong so it held up heavy fabric and it's nice because it's temporary. Apologies as I don't remember the brand name. My only issue with it is, that it dried out quite quickly

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->