fashion tape: what works?

elschic111

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to take up the hem about a half inch on a 95% silk 5% elastane tank and it's not something I'll wear everyday so I am not going to bother sewing it. However, I don't want to use duct tape, because I don't want it to be obvious that it's taped...i'd like it to be a little discreet.

So I need a sticky, reliable, "discreet" tape that will work for sticking fabric on fabric--even a somewhat "heavy" fabric like silk&elastane. I was wondering what those of you who have experimented with tapes would recommend?

I've heard people say that double-stick carpet tape, toupee tape, etc. work...but I would appreciate some brand recommendations and maybe even advice on where to find them...

I just don't want to buy 4 tapes before I find one that is sticky enough.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

im a guy and need tape to tape my pants to the heels of my converse... so suggestions....

I've used the 3-M double stick tape from the local drug store for temporary hems and it works :flower:

I'm interested in suggestions too though... that tape worked, but it's a bit heavy. Must be something better :P

3m double stick tape? I used some Scotch double sided tape and it doesnt work with fabric.

I've used glue before. I just got it at a small local sewing shop and it's fabric glue which dissolves upon washing. It was quite strong so it held up heavy fabric and it's nice because it's temporary. Apologies as I don't remember the brand name. My only issue with it is, that it dried out quite quickly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->