Fashion Week Street Style F/W 09.10

^yeah it's the same pair, but alexa wears them 10 times better
hate her little bag though

loving all the blue in post 256, and that last women's outfit is very cute, she manages to pull all the colours and prints off
it's definately a great change from all the black and greys

3351590827_ff02456b2b_b.jpg

altamiranyc

I like everything, except the clutch (which is even worse irl)

The people in this thread are the people in the world with true style.

It's really inspired me to do something with my style. I'm so bored with it. :rolleyes:

i think alexa chung tries way too hard to look chic... it doesnt seem to work for me, especially the hair

well I just find Alexa's dress too short. Like she's leaning forward a bit to get extra length. How does she sit down?!

i think her dress is really a sweater. in genius!!! if i had legs like that, more of my dresses would be too short! pperfect w/ the accessories. hose make her decent for the public.

hair is gross--- should do longer, wavy, dker. no obvious highlights.

How does she sit down?!
3350172540_c27a8f08ab.jpg

wireimage

The cardigan definately needs to be a few inches longer, and I don't like the bag. Otherwise, it's lovely.

Don't like either of the last two looks at all.

I think some of the street style during fashion week was better than some of the shows!

wireimage

The cardigan definately needs to be a few inches longer, and I don't like the bag. Otherwise, it's lovely.

Don't like either of the last two looks at all.
I agree with you completley^_^

I also am not a fan of her hair right now.

Alexa looks like she forgot her shorts/skirt! Otherwise, she looks lovely.

lane001.jpg

The party never stops at the Maison of Martin Margiela. Paying homage to their 10th anniversary, the house celebrates all season long with disco ball-inspired embellishments, shown here on the house's classic slouch bag.
lane002.jpg

The Rick Owens hightop has gone from cult item to 'It' shoe and an instant staple for those in the know. Fashion enthusiasts scramble for a pair and don't seem to be bothered by the high price tag but this isn't just your ordinary sneaker. Worn zipped or unzipped, this leather hightop scores big points for it's versatility and everlasting cool factor.

lane003.jpg

The house of Balenciaga takes it up a notch this season with these sky towering stilettos for Resort 2009. The contrast of the multi-coloured stones and stripes only makes the wearer want to teeter on the edge of fun and excitement. Footwear has never been so tantilising!

lane004.jpg

Pairing a studded shawl collar tuxedo jacket and cargo jodhpur trousers, Spanish stylist, Barbara Martelo, nails this rock-chic look. This look may not be for every woman but for those who can squeeze into those extra tight trousers, all the power to you for looking so chic and fabulous!

lane005.jpg

L'Uomo Vogue editor, Giovanna Battaglia, showcases her versatility as a woman of great Italian style in a voluminous Marni coat. The coat's pleated waist adds just the right amount of subtle detail to a coat that can easily be worn by any woman of any age, showcasing the beauty of Marni!

[lanecrawford]

lane006.jpg

A favourite amongst models, Ricardo Tisci has infused the house of Givenchy with desirability and an instant cool factor and has become the go to designer for must accessories. Supermodel Jessica Stam can do no wrong by pairing the classic 'Melancholia' bag with a biker jacket and jeans.

lane007.jpg

Having trouble deciding what to wear to the shows? The answer is simple: a LBD (Little Black Dress) and Yves Saint Laurent Large "Muse 2" will do the trick. The LBD has been the uniform of choice for a lot of fashion editors during this recession, but who can go wrong wearing such a chic classic!

lane008.jpg

The most essential item during fashion week is your driver. Rushing from one fashion show to the next is no easy feat, which is why a fashion editor or buyer is only as good as their driver to always be fashionably on time. Looking always chic as they wait for their driver, Paris Voguettes Julia Von Boehm and Carine Roitfeld have mastered the art of arriving at shows in style.

lane009.jpg

Dare to be bold? If so, then these Jimmy Choo strappy sandals are the shoe for you. These almost tribal-like sandals add a much needed jolt of colour to your shoe collection and keep you fully strapped with their computer wire-like straps. Take a ride in these babies, if you dare.

lane010.jpg

The boys are back in town! Girls aren't the ones having fun with fashion. Men's fashion is all about mixing proportions, colour and accessorising to the max. The ensemble on this dapper gentleman is perfectly coordinated from his cap, right down to his socks. Women may have to start taking tips from men on how to accessorise and have fun with fashion.

[lanecrawford]

lanies001.jpg

Not all fashion is what it seems to be. For instance, the fashion paparazzi don't even realize sometimes that it's not so much about the front of an outfit but more about the back. The symmetrical balance of zippers on the back of Geraldine Saglio's Martin Margiela skirt and Brian Atwood boots is so genius, that the backdrop of paparazzi only accents and glamorises her ensemble even more.

lanies002.jpg

The rain is every fashionista's worst nightmare during fashion week but in some instances, a rainy day can have its advantages and produce some of the most fashionable imagery. Here is the Vogue Nippon team, lined up in an orderly chic fashion, avoiding the rain and slowly making their way to shows.

lanies003.jpg

Anna Dello Russo, fashion director of Vogue Nippon, is one of fashions finest and is a fashion week all on her own. If anyone upholds the tradition of getting dressed up for a fashion show, it's Anna, whether it's in the AM or late evening. Sporting one of the season's key looks, the exaggerated shoulder, Anna never fails to inject a bit of glamour into fashion week.

lanies004.jpg

A great pair of legs and a killer pair of shoes are all you need for the upcoming season. Lane Crawford fashion director, Sarah Rutson, looks to shoe designer Nicholas Kirkwood for that special pair of stellar shoes and the pairing certainly knows how to stop traffic

lanies005.jpg

An Alaïa dress can instantly be spotted from a distance and that fitted signature A-line silhouette is unmistakably his own. No one else can master his impeccable knitwear techniques and the women who are loyal Alaïa fans can tell you themselves how much they adore his one-of-a-kind pieces. Giovanna Battaglia of L'Uomo Vogue looks even more fabulous from behind in one of his signature knit dresses.

[lanecrawford]

lanies006.jpg

The house of Givenchy is certainly giving shoe fetishists around the world some pretty bondage-inspired footwear to lace up into. One season its multi strap gladiator boots, the next it's open toe cowboy boots. These lace-up wedges will certainly give your shoe collection that extra kick.

lanies007.jpg

Pairing a Balmain studded blazer and a Givenchy silk t-shirt, model Jill Bauwens, knows exactly how to nail that quintessential rock chick look down to a T. Take note: models always do it best!

lanies008.jpg

Many have proclaimed that the days of the "It" bag have long gone but the Proenza Schouler boys beg to differ. They have a winner on their hands and it goes by the name PS1. A scholar-inspired satchel, the PS1 has already been cultivating a loyal fashion following and will soon be making it's way into the arms of women and men around the world.

lanies009.jpg

Every city can easily be defined by their unique sense of style. Parisians are known for making all black look chic and effortless, Londoners are known for that eclectic vintage look and New Yorkers have a certain naive way of mixing colours and patterns that makes dressing up fun again. The bright pops of colour perfectly accent this abstract plaid Thakoon dress; a look only a New Yorker would pull together flawlessly

lanies010.jpg

Expect only the most contrasting, but brilliant fabric combinations when it comes to footwear courtesy of shoe designer, Pierre Hardy. For Spring/Summer 2009, a classic patent peeptoe slingback is given the Pierre Hardy twist with a touch of neoprene, his current obsession. I'm sure most Pierre Hardy die-hard fans will be more than willing to dive for these shoes.

[lanecrawford]

thank you, alix. I'm loving the disco-ball margiela bag!, looks like so much fun. :heart:
also liking the Alaïa dress.

Dello Russo is just.. sad to watch :doh:, she always seems to be going through some dense mid-life crisis, the kind of woman that keeps borrowing clothes from her 17 year-old daughter just to prove she can still look hotter than her daughter and daughter's friends together. I appreciate some more pride in people's dressing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->