Fashion Weeks F/W 2016.17 [Schedules]

Alexander McQueen Moves Show To London

ALEXANDER McQUEEN is relocating from Paris to London for its autumn/winter 2016 show it was revealed today, as the official London Fashion Week schedule was published. The collection is slated to show in catwalk format at 7pm on Sunday, February 21.

The London-based fashion house, which has traditionally taken to the City of Light for its fashion showcases, will return for one season only.

"We wanted to look at doing something different for the season," a spokesperson confirmed to us this afternoon, although further plans surrounding the relocation remain under wraps.

The return to the birthplace of the brand's founder, Lee McQueen, will be a poignant occasion for the house as it celebrates its 23rd anniversary.
*Vogue.co.uk

Oooooh, this is exciting! Sarah's last show was also referential to Lee's Huguenot heritage. I wonder what it will be this time? 23 does seem like an odd number but I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Good for LFW. I don't really care for McQueen these days but maybe i'll be surprised.

So, another season without a TOM FORD show at LFW? :(:(

^ Thomas Tait stated he going have one-on-one press appointments in Paris this season.

Mulberry showing RTW again? I'm interested to see Coca first collection for the label.

No sign of Jacquemus? (Yes, I realise that I'm likely the only Jacque fan on these fora.)

No sign of Jacquemus? (Yes, I realise that I'm likely the only Jacque fan on these fora.)

Worry not! that trash heap will make it's appearance during Paris Fashion Week. That schedule isn't out yet.

London Fashion Week
19-23 February 2016

Friday
cHbx4qX.png

Saturday
HszoXHr.png

Sunday
mPbQ0qz.png

Monday
ZoB7G3S.png

Tuesday
fdqX5WC.png

*londonfashionweek.co.uk

Milan Fashion Week
24-29 February 2016

Wednesday
YLPGpwk.png

Thursday
tD505R5.png

Friday
bEesbNh.png

Saturday
jZQHN1q.png

Sunday
H08xpmK.png

Monday
zQFRVlU.png

*.milanomodadonna.it

Paris Fashion Week
1-9 March 2016

3dKaaVA.png

*modeaparis.com

I'm going to London Fashion Week on the Friday to the Monday! So far I'm seeing Steven Tai, Edeline Lee and a few off-schedule/Fashion Scout shows.

Saint Laurent will be showing Mens F/W 2016 + Part 1 of RTW on Feb 10th.

There's also a countdown on the ysl website, not sure if there'll be a livestream or not.

anybody knows what happened to giles? it was supposed to be last night, but didn't happen

He did...
GILES DEACON is shuttering the ready-to-wear line of his business temporarily to concentrate on his couture offering. The move will see the designer depart the official London Fashion Week schedule and join the Paris couture schedule in July.

"We want to focus on what we do well, and maximise the success of the red carpet and private client work we've been doing over the past four years. We want to be the go-to business for super special daywear and eveningwear, to focus on what we are known for, and what our customers want from us," Deacon told WWD of his plan, which he hopes will give him closer contact with his customer base and shorten the length of time between showing on the catwalk and in-store drops.

"With couture, it means I get to show fall in July, with delivery in September. My clients will be getting their pieces in season," continued the designer, who revealed that his pieces will retail for between £3,000 and £5,000 for a bespoke dress and £50,000 to £70,000 for red-carpet creations.

Deacon is one of many designers who has made moves to shift his business model of late, with many more looking to follow suit. Fellow London Fashion Week designer Matthew Williamson came off the official schedule last year to focus on a see-now-buy-now online model citing similar consumer-focused reasons as Deacon. Over in New York, Thakoon and Rebecca Minkoff are also in the midst of reorganising their structures to make their collections available immediately after they are shown on the catwalk.

"This business gives you a lot more control, because it means everything that's ordered is sold, and each customer gets an individual piece," explained Deacon of his new plan, which will see him grow his teams in Paris and London (where he plans to open a new showroom in Mayfair) and explore the potential behind offering virtual fashion shows - all moves that will be supported by external investors that are yet to be revealed.
vogue.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->