Fashion Weeks S/S 2016 [Schedules]

Looking forward to Maison Margiela Mm6 in London, hoping Galliano designed the collection this time, would be good to see how it fits in with what he's done so far, but I heard he would be doing the menswear next season too, so maybe he's still taking it slowly.

Paris Prêt-à-Porter
29 September - 7 Ocober 2015

modeaparis.com

Alexander Wang 9pm? His shows used to be around 5pm. What a pity but not gonna stay up for this

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander Wang 9pm? His shows used to be around 5pm. What a pity but not gonna stay up for this

yeah thats 3am in europe :doh: ugh! already can't watch proenza, marc jacobs and narciso rodriguez because of this reason!

^Wang's shows are always late, but actually I don't think I'll miss something. I'm quite sad because de la Renta's show is too late for me. And this whole NYFW is just too long, they should drop few designers, or "designers".

Nah, they always used to be around 5ish which isn't that late. Proenza and Marc are usually the latest. Anyway, excited for Fashion Week ^_^

Anyone in Milan is planning to go do a little stalking after the shows?
for those who generally do it, when do models leave the location once the show is over? I waited for over an hour after Prada's men's show and no model go out... what's the usual protocol?

i have never seen in real life time but i can see in some videos online they come out with all the editors after the show so must be pretty quick!

^ I thought the same but I got there while the show was still going on, I saw everybody else go out but not models -_-

Anyone in Milan is planning to go do a little stalking after the shows?
for those who generally do it, when do models leave the location once the show is over? I waited for over an hour after Prada's men's show and no model go out... what's the usual protocol?

yayy I'm interested in some stalking at MFW :woot:

never been there but, I'm guessing they exit some kind of "back door"as soon as they take the clothes off and run to find their chauffeur to take them to the next show asap

Tom Ford: Fashion Week Man of Mystery
By Vanessa Friedman
Two days until the spring women’s wear season kicks off, and there’s one glaring question: Where is Tom Ford?

Though he regularly shows during London Fashion Week, Mr. Ford is not on the London calendar this season. He’s also not on the New York, Milan or Paris calendars. Last season, he tied himself to the Los Angeles pre-Oscars, and while that may be a possibility again (he is directing his second feature film, “Nocturnal Animals”), nothing is confirmed.

Indeed, all his office would say in response to repeated enquiries was: 1) Mr. Ford is not showing in London this season, but that doesn’t mean he has given up on showing in the city, he will be back; 2) he’s not going to have a traditional show, but he’s going to do something; and 3) they’ll release details soon.

Mr. Ford did not respond to emails.

Even given the way designers move around fashion cities these days and experiment with different means of showing (Opening Ceremony’s “play”; Gareth Pugh’s performance piece), this is an odd development.

What could he be planning? Will it be a mini-film, unleashed surreptitiously on an unsuspecting fashion world? That would be a smart way to underscore Mr. Ford’s cinematic credentials, especially if his head is in Hollywood. And perhaps, given his expertise, Mr. Ford could do what some of his peers have not been able to do: make a fashion film a viable way to show a collection. Which could lead to all sorts of interesting possibilities.

But that’s just speculation. For the moment, Mr. Ford is a question mark. It’s not the usual Fashion Week look.

nytimes.com

^^
Showing at the end of Paris fashion week may be a smarter decision for him. After all the talks about his movie, it was kinda expected that he will not show at LFW this time again.

With Milan becoming hot again and Paris still at the top, i'm worried about LFW.
Their bright young stars are struggling to maintain a real point of view and their only Big name (Burberry) seems to be more concentrated on the celebrities and the front row than on the fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->