Favorite Handbags- F/W 2006

stilettogirl84

Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find a topic like this, so if there is one, please merge it :blush:

Style.com finally got the fall accesories report up for Fall Winter 2006

http://www.style.com/trends/accessoryreport/F2006RTW/

and I have been obsessively browsing it.

Here are my favorite lusts for fall bags

bagsfaves.jpg

My absolute Faves:heart: :heart: are the two Tods bags in Dark green leather, and Chocolate Crocodile. they are amazing!

The Gucci Clutch/Bracelet is such a cool concept- I love it.

And All three Vuitton are Tacky as H*ll- but thats why I love them!:blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ OMG - the Tod's are total Chloe Betty knock offs. I can understand a little creative license - but if a house doesn't maintain it's own signature persona - then I think it's getting close to sink or swim time - either get a new designer or decide you don't want to be a player in the handbag game. It's just pure laziness IMO.

Oh! and thanks Stilleto for the pics!! That fur MJ is just plain sad. And what's up with that??!! Was there even ONE fur bag A/W '05 that was a hit?

I haven't had time to look through the Fall accessories report on style.com yet, but my, I am loving that Gucci clutch posted in this thread!
What a wicked sense of humour! :heart:

PrincessImp. said:
I am loving that Gucci clutch posted in this thread!
What a wicked sense of humour! :heart:

It's great- you never set it down and leave it somewhere! :P

Yeah, there aren't really any bags that I'm excited about for FW 06. For SS 06, my blood was pumping for the Fendi B bag and the Celine Clandy and countless others, and this upcoming season, mweh. The only bag I want to see in IRL is the Derek Lam bags. The ram's head hardware looks really interesting and I like the colors of the bags.

Greendrv said:
Yeah, there aren't really any bags that I'm excited about for FW 06. For SS 06, my blood was pumping for the Fendi B bag and the Celine Clandy and countless others, and this upcoming season, mweh. The only bag I want to see in IRL is the Derek Lam bags. The ram's head hardware looks really interesting and I like the colors of the bags.

Yes! I am liking the Derek Lam bags alot too.

The new Derek Lam bags are really great... ... wow.. Holy crap. just looked up, that's what you're all talking about. :lol:

janyoung99 said:
^^ OMG - the Tod's are total Chloe Betty knock offs. I can understand a little creative license - but if a house doesn't maintain it's own signature persona - then I think it's getting close to sink or swim time - either get a new designer or decide you don't want to be a player in the handbag game. It's just pure laziness IMO.

those tods are actually pretty identical copies of the balenciaga ones :innocent:

ewwwwwwww! the LV are horrible!!! and i like LV too....makes me so sad. out of all of the ones above, i really only like the black leather MJ bag....(the one that doesn't look like roadkill :wink:

I really like the Gucci clutch, but I know I've seen it somewhere before...I can't remember and it's driving me nuts. I wanna say that it was Chanel, but I'm just not sure.

I also liked some of the LV bags shown, as well as the red embossed patent leather variation from the runway (I've been embracing all things tacky lately)

Also love this Lanvin
134m.jpg

YSL
231m.jpg

Nancy Gonzalez
061m.jpg

Roger Vivier
249m.jpg

and Missoni
117m.jpg

style.com

:heart: i love the persephone and hope they make it in a deep purple! it's casual even though it is a little bling. a little bling never hurt anyone. :blush:

my s.a. at kirna zabete didn't know that they were carrying lam accessories this fall, tho. :shock: anyway, she will find out and i'll post here in case anyone's too lazy to call.

:heart: also i'm loving each lanvin bag that comes out and definitely want to pick up a lanvin or vivier bag this fall that is dressy.

i'd like to get a ysl muse in ostrich:innocent: , but i don't think it's worth $5000 pre-tax?. other than that, i don't mind the LV bag that mated with the birkin, but i wouldn't buy it (i don't think) except one version i think has got purple and blue.

Oooh - love the vivier and missoni clutches!! I'm thinking the the distressed patent Muses might turn out be covetable - would like to see some pics of those.

OMG - the Tod's are total Chloe Betty knock offs. I can understand a little creative license - but if a house doesn't maintain it's own signature persona - then I think it's getting close to sink or swim time - either get a new designer or decide you don't want to be a player in the handbag game. It's just pure laziness IMO.

those tods are actually pretty identical copies of the balenciaga ones :innocent:

Regardless of who they've knocked off, I still like them quite a lot

The only bag I want to see in IRL is the Derek Lam bags.

Can someone post a pic?

-------

oh and I love that missoni clutch-
I also really like this one by botega veneta
023m.jpg

from style.com

Wow, that's a lot of metallic. ^_^ A few of them look like the results of an explosion at a foil factory... They're quite fab in a way though...

011m.jpg

138m.jpg

I'm not really feeling the gold, they're a bit over the top I think.. :blink:
A good thing though- you can always check your make-up by looking at your bag :P

i love the second marc jacobs one, it kinda reminds me of the muse...but i loves it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->