Favorite Spa Treatment

Hipkitten

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi. My name is Hipkitten. I'm a spa addict. Now you say: Hi, Hipkitten. :P

It's time I came clean - I'm a spa junkie. I've been wrapped, scrubbed, Vichyed, steamed, soaked, massaged, polished, tanned, masked, cleansed, stretched, mani/pedied...I've had every treatment under the sun - I just can't get enough. I have a ridiculous number of standing appointments so I'm never far from a day spa. But I must say my favorite treatment by far is the good old 90 minute facial.

So...what's your favorite spa service? Are there any you tried and hated? (Pedicures creep me out because there's something that bothers me about having someone clip my toenails - luckily my nail tech understands, and I just clip my own nails before appointments - weird, I know). All right. Now it's your turn to come clean! :flower:

I have always wanted to do the spa thing, but have never.
As a first timer, what would you say is good?

Plastic'sWife said:
I have always wanted to do the spa thing, but have never.
As a first timer, what would you say is good?

I would definitely start with a facial. It's the most relaxing service, in my opinion. My aesthetician also does a hand/arm and foot massage while the mask is setting up - it's heaven ^_^

I've just had the odd facial and a pedicure once (got a gift certificate)...

I actually don't really enjoy them, I get restless and just want it to be over and done with. :ninja:

I've had facials, mani, pedi, waxing and massage.

I like the pedi best.....something about a smooth foot with perfect toes. I dont know.

I find facials to be a bit uncomfortable, but I like the end result. I plan on starting get a facial once every two months now.

Things I want to/will be trying:

Microdermabrasion
Hot Stone Massage
Body Polish
Body Wraps

I'd also like to try acupunture. Not really a "spa" treament but none the less.

I would do the spa thing all the time if I could. At the moment though, the best thing I have done is getting my eyebrows waxed. Nothing makes me feel or look better!

I adore facials! It's so relaxing and the end result is great since my face tends to get problematic if I don't treat it well. I found a perfect place with perfect facials here in DC and I won't ever change it :smile:

Ianastar said:
I've had facials, mani, pedi, waxing and massage.

I like the pedi best.....something about a smooth foot with perfect toes. I dont know.

I find facials to be a bit uncomfortable, but I like the end result. I plan on starting get a facial once every two months now.

Things I want to/will be trying:

Microdermabrasion
Hot Stone Massage
Body Polish
Body Wraps

I'd also like to try acupunture. Not really a "spa" treament but none the less.

Ooooo...hot stone massages are amazing! And acupuncture works wonders - helped me immensely. :flower:

what did you use acupuncture for?

I used to love getting massages, haven't been in a while...hmmm

i wanna go to spa! :doh: maybe i should make appointment for facial..

Is it strange that I hate facials?

But I'm totally addicted to balinese aromatherapy full body massages! I go once a month and wish I could go more often. Pedicures are heavenly too.
The hot stones therapy sounds really interesting ... will definitely try it when I get the oppotunity.
I've gone for reflexology once and it was damned painful. But I'm thinking of going again :huh::doh:

Hipkitten said:
Ooooo...hot stone massages are amazing! And acupuncture works wonders - helped me immensely. :flower:

Helped you with what, if you don't mind me asking? :flower:

I really want to go for the polish...just have to save up some money first :P

i decided to go to local beauty salon here and ask prices. going to do that tomorrow and book a time ^_^

i think hipkitten is getting more addicted friends :D

_ladybug_ and Golden_butterfly I've PM'ed you both :flower:

So glad this thread found life! I think it's important for people to take time for themselves - and there is nowhere better to do it than the spa.

BTW: tott, Mr. Hipkitten doesn't fancy spa services, either :( :lol:

i only like facials. i'm not too particular about my nails and i always like to keep them natural or w/ a sheer shade (and occasionally a drastic change to deep plums/black during fall /winter).

I'm really interested in trying the hot stone therapy.

if there's one thing i can't stand..it's massages LOL. even though i seem to get stressed out easily, massages seem to just make me more tense..i get really squirmy when someone is touching me :blush:

Yay! I went to the doctor today and my 8-week broken leg is finally no more! Now I badly need a pedicure...:shock:

and maybe I'll get a massage - we have the hot stone one at my spa but I haven't tried it yet...
or maybe a body wray... which do you feel is more beneficial/enjoyable?

and I definitely need my eyebrows done...

oy! this is going to be too too expensive:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->