The All About Feet Thread

I've also read that cutting too deeply (like with those razor rasps) or rasping moist skin can cause deeper calluses.

i don't pedicure much in the winter, but always in the summer. i also on occassion sleep with lotion on my feet with socks to soften up the very calloused soles. I have a bunion on my right foot, so it makes my feet sort of... odd.:ninja:

Today I bought 3 products from the Boots "gorgeous feet" line. I'll tell you if they are any good (by now I've only used the scrub, but I love the smell).

I have an anti blister stick from Boots, it's a small black which looks a bit like a pencil sharpener; I think it works, I tested it out with shoes I know gives me blisters and it does elimnate friction. From what I've seen it only works beforehand and not once the shoes start to rub.

Ah, a feet thread! My feet are something that's usually on my mind regarding beauty-related stuff, so I'm so surprised there hasn't been a thread.

First, I want to say that I love the shape of my feet. And the size. I am almost 5'5 and I wear a size 6 (mostly - sometimes a 5.5, but mostly 6). My toes are perfectly aligned (to my liking).

BUT - my feet are always so rough. They always have been. For so long, especially during high school, I tried lotions and whatnot to make them softer and so they wouldn't look as - bad. The trick, I discovered after years of trying and buying foot creams and lotions and exfoliants, is to remove the dry skin. I use a scraper now... I know, it sounds very gross but it's the truth - and that does the trick for the most part. But I just cannot believe how much upkeep is required to keep my feet looking okay - almost every night I must exfoliate. I am not sure if it's simply the nature of my feet or that I walk around a lot or what... but it's quite annoying.

Erin, have you tried a foot cream with urea? I've mentioned it earlier in this thread, I use it since roughly six months now twice a day, and my feet are supersoft, no callus at all (and I have dry skin, naturally). :flower:

^ No, I did not read that... is that available in more affordable creams? I am totally frugal and would love an affordable cream.

The creme I use is by a company called Eucerin, I have no idea if it's available in the US, though. It costs about 10 Euros and is available in pharmacies here.

As far as putting Vaseline on and then some socks before bed... that doesn't work for me! Maybe my socks aren't locking in the moisture properly?

As far as putting Vaseline on and then some socks before bed... that doesn't work for me! Maybe my socks aren't locking in the moisture properly?

You can buy from "The Body Shop" socks and gloves especially made for this. They are amazing and you can wash them and re-use them. :heart::flower:

^ Thank you! Come to think of it, I remember wanting to buy my mother a pair from Bath & Body Works a few Christmas' ago. It's nice to have a reminder. :flower:

I paint my toe nail dark purple to hide them.
Urea isn't that the poison in urine?
Should I pee on my feet?

I got some of the socks from body shop and they were too big! I had to put normal socks over them or they would fall off! I got a pair free with a tube of foot cream from scholl and they are so much better. Smaller and they don't fall off. The ones you get with benefit sandal scandal are the cutest though.

The creme I use is by a company called Eucerin, I have no idea if it's available in the US, though. It costs about 10 Euros and is available in pharmacies here.

Eucerin is available here in the States pretty much every where.

Anyone know how to get rid of those calluses that form on toe knuckles?? Is there another word for them?? I've got long toes, and wearing heels has formed these. Would love any tips!

^ I use a "scraper" thing. I do not know why my feet are so rough, but that usually does the trick.

I will never rasp horny skin off my feet again. You can cut yourself and the risk of it returning faster and thicker s before is high.

thats exactly what i already wrote in the pedegg-thread but no one agreed.

if your feet are really horned, you will have to do something against it and i think that rasping or cutting is the only way to get it off, but you realy have to be careful. i avoid to treat my feet like that and only rasp when it's really necessary.

in winter, i don't care very much about my feet. the only thing i do is cutting the nails when they grow back. but as soon as it gets warmer i start to apply foot cream and polish my nails.

i can't stand untended feet in sandals. it's just the same with my fingernails. they should always be perfect.

Neutrogena has a foot cream that's been working for me lately. It's not too expensive either :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omukai
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->