Favourite Photos

JEM

Reaction score
With so many different photographers, I thought it would be interesting to see what your favourite photos are. People, Landscaps, Fashion, Old and New, Everything! I did a search but couldn't find a thread like this, hope it is ok!

ok here are two of my favourite, hope the attachements work, i'm fairly new to this...:blush:

Attachments

• 3169121.jpg
    3169121.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 40
  • martha graham.jpg
    martha graham.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 62
nice pictures jem:flower:
could you please credit your sources and also give the photographers name and maybe even a little more information...., thank you!

Oh sorry! Told you i was bad with pictures..Still learning!:flower:
Well the first picture is of Marlene Dietrich for the film 'Angel', the photographer is George Hurrell, and obviously it is from Getty images.
The second picture is of Martha Graham in Letter to the World, photographer is Barbara Morgan and i got it from this site http://elmo.academyart.edu/study/ph101/Slides%20index.htm.
Hope that's ok!

Sharbat Gula from Afghanistan

http://www.kamat.com/vikas/blogs/sharbat_gula.jpg

Photographed by Steve McCurry from National Geographic. Very moving story behind this photo and this woman's life if you research it. I remember first seeing it when it came out years ago, just wishing I had those amazing eyes. Her eyes are like 5 different colors--reddish brown, green-gold, and blue. And she was just a frightened refugee at the time...then got to live under a burqa for awhile, had some of her children die. There are before and afters of her, you can see how hard life robs someone of their youthful beauty, but certainly not their dignified strength.:heart:

I can't see your picture, but I remember it. Such a touching story and those eyes...haunting! Thanks!!

Interesting topic. Unfortunately I have too many favourites, it's hard to pick just some of them...

horst diekgerdes in dazed & confused. one of my favourite pictures ever (actually 2 pictures)

Attachments

• 3_Untitled-final.jpg
    3_Untitled-final.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 326
wow!! so pretty!! I loved the efect of the dress and th color!! It´s amazing!!

afairychild.com
worldsjournal.com

Attachments

• faries.JPG
    faries.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 45
  • fairy 2.JPG
    fairy 2.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 58
  • fairy 3.JPG
    fairy 3.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 43
  • kate.JPG
    kate.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 55
VogueItaly200409Supplement_olsdg20_PaoloRoversi_NataliaVodianova.jpg

because it makes me feel :heart:

www.nataliavodidanova.net

This must be my favourite picture for the moment.
Angela Lindvall photographed by Peter Linberg.
I just looove the colours - not too strong, very beautiful. I can't really explain why i like this picture so much.There's just something about it :smile:

blk2-090-Angela_Lindvall-Portfolio2.jpg

and leloop's favs reminded me of another picture i love - it's called Aquarel by Francis Giacobetti

blk1-002-Francis_Giacobetti-Aquarel.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->