Feist

I love that video sooo much. Super cute. I think I like this version of the song better :lol:

Does anyone know if shes in the middle of making a new album at all? I want new stuff of hers to listen to!

ELLE's 2011 Women in Music
ocLPM.jpg

ontd

Feist announces release of new album 'Metals'

:woot: !

Feist04PA071210.jpg

Photo: PA

Feist is set to release her fifth studio album, 'Metals', on October 3.

The album is the folk-pop star's first since 2007's 'The Reminder' and was recorded in California's picturesque Big Sur area, with co-production from Chilly Gonzales, Mocky and Valgeir Sigurðsson (Bjork, Bonnie Prince Billy).

'The Reminder' featured the track 'The Limit To Your Love', which was covered by minimal solo artist James Blake last year as 'Limit To Your Love'.

12 mini film clips hinting at the content of 'Metals' will be released online as teasers for the new album. These vignettes can be followed at listentofeist.com.
nme.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE HER. I have a crush on her:crush: . Shes beautiful and extremely talented, which is rare these days.

^ She sure is!

Her new album is very, very good. ^_^ More mellow and deeper... but I love it.

love the new album too! i've been listening to it on repeat for the last couple weeks. and it is not the reminder at all. much more complex....lyrically,emotionally,arrangement.....it's stunning.

I've grown an obsession with her music (or more like her last album) in the last days.. :heart:

Saw her perform live last month almost against my will (wasn't really a fan) and I'm so glad I did.. she delivered such a beautiful show, everything about her sound, emphasis on instruments, energy.. ahh.. got goosebumps even though I didn't know any of her songs. Does she usually bring that much people on stage?.. I'm awaiting more tour dates like a vulture and wondering if I lucked out or if her performances are usually this intricate.

^^I'm so glad you got sucked into seeing her!

I saw her a couple years back and was so pleasantly surprised by her show.
It was so well planned, and really beautifully executed

I found her to be so engaging and the atmosphere was fantastic.

:heart:

I haven't fully gotten into her latest album yet... I need to just buy it already. I know that I'll like it. I think it's one of those works that gets better with every listen.

*She also has great concert tees from what I remember...
I still wear the one I bought, and it's actually one of my favorite t-shirts in general. Super soft and comfortable

chrissy,you must. it's as beautiful,if not more,than her first album. everything about it,start to finish,is superb. i adore it.

and i am so glad mullet. i was actually the same way throughout the reminder years....i avoided her because of all the apple hype at the time but i came around after a couple years following and i discovered her first one,let it die.....played it from beginning to end. she really does have this commitment to making a beginning,middle and an end on her albums. there's never really anything that's erroneously lacking or out of place.

as for the extra musicians....i believe that's a new thing she's doing. really shows the layers involved on metals,imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d1rtb4g
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->