Felicity Jones

Day seven of the Wimbledon Tennis Championships at All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in London, England - July 8, 2019
C9g3Z5p.jpg

IsPfMWq.jpg

starity.hu​

Felicity Jones attends the #MOVINGLOVE screening hosted by Derek Blasberg & Katie Grand at Screen on the Green on July 15, 2019 in London, England.

3er9dOb.jpg

PKEbWRA.jpg

Love Magazine August 2019.

u3Wvk39.jpg

Felicity Jones seen on a night out at Annabel's members club on July 08, 2019 in London, England.

fUkeSsF.jpg

JMkEvZR.jpg

hawtcelebs.com

Felicity Jones attends the Telluride Film Festival 2019 on August 30, 2019 in Telluride, Colorado.

votOsP0.jpg

justjared.com

I can't believe this is the same person who styles Claire Foy. Why is it so hard for her to get it right?

She needs Jessica Paster back pronto.

Also I can't help but wonder if she's trying to conceal a bump.​

Felicity Jones attends "The Aeronauts" premiere during the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival at Roy Thomson Hall on September 08, 2019 in Toronto, Canada.

bghGWJ9.jpg

GQ9QIea.jpg

Felicity Jones attends the HFPA/THR TIFF PARTY during the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival at Four Seasons Hotel on September 07, 2019 in Toronto, Canada.

t4xjjgT.jpg

TLsQfmm.jpg

Actress Felicity Jones of 'The Aeronauts' attends The IMDb Studio Presented By Intuit QuickBooks at Toronto 2019 at Bisha Hotel & Residences on September 07, 2019 in Toronto, Canada.

qQud9MF.jpg

RIhuhSa.jpg

zimbio.com

Her stylist just can't get it right. It's either too old lady (most of the looks) or too girlie (the premiere dress). Such a waste.

And yeah I do suspect she's pregnant too...

Add me to the "she's pregnant" chorus! If so, wonderful news :smile: She's so beautiful and talented but I don't like any of these looks. She was styled so well during the "Like Crazy" period, but everything since has been messy. At least she's so talented that her style doesn't really matter.

UK Vogue November 2019

Friends in High Places

Photographer: Luigi & Iango
Stylist: Kate Phelan
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Makeup: Georgi Sandev
Manicure: Sophie Robson
Cast: Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones

UK Vogue Digital Edition

It's just one frumpy outfit after another, isn't it?

Felicity Jones attends "The Aeronauts" UK Premiere during the 63rd BFI London Film Festival at the Odeon Luxe Leicester Square on October 07, 2019 in London, England.

JHt1DvH.jpg

6QVVPfT.jpg

tu8LBu8.jpg

Felicity Jones attends the UK Premiere after party for "The Aeronauts" during the 63rd BFI London Film Festival at W London Leicester Square on October 7, 2019 in London, England.

hlEhRXY.jpg

srkXNzP.jpg

Felicity Jones attends the NET-A-PORTER Incredible Women Talk with Felicity Jones at BAFTA Piccadilly on October 9, 2019 in London, England.

qywDCDg.jpg

zimbio.com, dailymail.co.uk

In London on October 22, 2019.

iGAcTUp.jpg

hawtcelebs.com

Porter by Net-A-Porter
November 1, 2019

Rebel With A Cause
Model Felicity Jones
Photographer Ben Weller
Fashion editor Helen Broadfoot

Even as a child star, FELICITY JONES was nicknamed “tiny warrior” because of her fighting spirit. Here, the adventuresome actor talks to SARAH BAILEY about embracing her inner bad girl, surviving a terrifying hot-air-balloon crash with Eddie Redmayne, finding love in an elevator, raving the night away and playing Hamlet – the way she’d like to.

“I like things to have a bit of a punk spirit to them,” says Felicity Jones, taking a sip of scalding hot camomile tea. It’s a rain-soaked afternoon and we’re in a north-London photo studio discussing Jones’s punkish taste in female roles, scripts and – as it happens – footwear. She gives an ankle twirl to better show off the biker boots with velvet laces that she’s just changed into. “My friend calls these my Victorian-punk ice-skating boots!” she laughs.

Jones brings a healthy dose of rebelliousness to her latest role in The Aeronauts, the Victorian ballooning drama, which sees her reunited with her great friend and The Theory of Everything co-star Eddie Redmayne. She plays Amelia Wren, a role based on the flamboyant life of French aeronaut Sophie Blanchard: “an obsessive air-balloon pilot and total wildcat. She used to fly at night, she would set off fireworks from her balloon, an absolute daredevil.”

I’m impressed to discover that Jones did the majority of the vertiginous stunts you see in the movie herself. Before shooting began, she wore a wire and trained for months “with an aerialist, an acrobat – all very Cirque du Soleil… I loved the freedom of it. I loved as much as possible being able to be up in the air”. Her derring-do is even more remarkable, when you hear how she and Redmayne endured a near-fatal balloon crash on the first day of filming. “Eddie and me were holding hands and hoping for the best as we hit the ground at an incredible velocity,” she recalls, wincing. “My eye missed the metal corner of this wooden chest, by about five centimeters. I was wearing a corset as well, to add insult to injury, and at that moment I thought I might actually have broken my back, as I couldn’t move.”

A child actor from the age of 11 (she was nicknamed “tiny warrior” by her agent’s wife), there’s a red thread of courage and fortitude in the roles that have characterized Jones’s career; never more so than in recent years – from Jyn in Star WarsRogue One to Jane Hawking in The Theory of Everything and Ruth Bader Ginsburg in On The Basis Of Sex. “I definitely seem to be taking parts where I’m fighting against the odds. It’s getting to be a pattern.”

Born 36 years ago in Birmingham, England, to a journalist father and a mother who worked in advertising, Jones’s parents split when she was just three. “I’m very close to both of them. I think you have a very grown-up relationship with your parents when they’re not together. You get to know them as much as friends as parents.” If her early professional ascent was precocious, her upbringing sounds like it was very much earthed in normalcy (chilly English camping holidays, climbing trees). What was her toughest challenge in high school? “I’d always get really bad spots on my forehead so my solution was to wear a woolly hat, all the time. And I remember my parents being like, ‘Are you sure you want to wear that today, because it’s really hot’. I guess I thought it was slightly ’90s and Kurt Cobain, but I don’t think it was at all.” Looking at her clear-as-skimmed-milk complexion today, I tell her that her admission will be a beacon of hope for acne-tormented teens the world over.

She was 15 when she was cast as Emma Grundy in the long-running British radio drama The Archers, a role she played for 10 years, including throughout her time at Oxford University. When I ask if she was the queen bee of the drama scene at Oxford, she looks slightly appalled. “I always wanted a bit of balance when I went to university. I guess I felt like I wanted to make sure that I wasn’t totally defined by acting, that I wanted to explore other things… and also, I didn’t get many main parts!” she laughs wryly. “And then there was a lot of socializing, which was surprisingly time-consuming when you’re a student. We’d get on bus from Oxford to London and dance the night away at drum-and-bass raves. That really dates me! But drum-and-bass was massive!”

It was in the whirl of post-university London parties and auditions that she first met Redmayne (the pair famously agree to disagree on the precise occasion). They were both friends of the zeitgeist-defining playwright Polly Stenham, in whose harrowingly brilliant debut, That Face, Jones starred in 2008. “It felt like new territory. Working with new writing that’s not bogged down by years and years of theater history,” she enthuses. “There was a freshness to it, an adventurousness to it… a truthfulness and honesty about being in that situation around a dysfunctional family. It was very raw and unfiltered and very accurate to a certain social milieu.” Would she want to work with Stenham again? “Definitely, definitely. Without a doubt. It’s always just about the galaxies and the forces coming together at the right time.”

Certainly, the forces and the galaxies have positioned Jones in a very particular spot in the celebrity panoply since That Face, with movies such as The Theory of Everything and On The Basis of Sex taking on a momentum of their own as cultural and historical touchpoints. How has she found the responsibility of portraying real women – Jane Hawking and Ruth Bader Ginsburg – whose lives and reputations are still unfolding? “Well, particularly with Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who has changed the course of history in gender politics, I was definitely intimidated meeting her and playing her… You just have to build trust and, in those few meetings you have, somehow get their permission. It’s sort of an invisible thing, just that feeling that they know they are in safe hands and that they’re not going to be exploited in some way.” She takes a contemplative sip of tea. “But in some ways, you don’t want to think about responsibilities too much as an actress. When you are approaching a role I think you’ve got to bring a bit of anarchy to it.” Ah, her inner punk, again? “I do feel like there’s just a battle between the inner punk and the inner good-girl. And the good girl has got to be squashed on a daily basis. She has to be defied,” she agrees. “Sometimes, as a woman, there’s a lot of attention paid to caring too much. Actually, you are your most interesting when you are most free.”

Despite her formidable career to date, her relationship with the inconstant mirrorball of fame remains ambivalent. “I was just laughing with Mary Greenwell, the makeup artist, because we’ve been working together for years, about how I used to do the red carpet and look like a petrified chicken. It’s literally taken myself years to give myself permission to enjoy it.” She credits her squad – including Greenwell, stylist Nicky Yates and personal trainer Louisa Drake – for giving her confidence to strut her stuff in that particular arena. “I know it sounds a bit American, but it takes a village!”

The super-amplified scrutiny of the red-carpet appearances aside, she’s a genuine fashion connoisseur – enthusing about the silver-sequinned Valentino floor-sweeper she wore recently to a The Aeronauts premiere (“a bit ’70s disco”). She’s a fan of Maria Grazia Chiuri at Dior (“ a woman who marches to her own drum”). And, she chose her good friend Erdem to design her wedding dress, a faintly Edwardian lilac, long-sleeved, high-necked number. “We share a love of a pie-crust collar. And there’s always something about Erdem’s designs that is a just a little bit mischievous.”

It’s been two years since Jones married the British director and producer Charles Guard – whom she met, very romantically, in a Hollywood elevator (“where we realized that we’d probably been at many parties together over the years”). How is married life? “It’s a joy. It’s wonderful to have such stability in a very changeable profession.” She adores nest-making. “I love looking through interior magazines. I am definitely a hoarder. I love cushions and pictures and the house is full of books and nick-nacks. I can’t help myself. In my idealized version of life, I’m very clinical and minimalist, of course. But the reality is that I love trinkets.”

What is her and Guard’s favorite way to waste a day? “Oh, we were just saying this morning, if we didn’t have anything to do today – a long walk across Hampstead Heath… a proper walk, in wellington boots… a pub lunch and a movie. I so want to see Ad Astra!” And if her beloved was to appear at the doors of the photo studios to whisk her away for a romantic date à deux in London, would she choose cocktails in a luxurious setting like Claridge’s or an ordinary pub in Kentish Town? “A pub in Kentish Town,” she replies, laughing. “Every time.”

So, what next for this singular, trinket-loving, secret renegade? Does she have a yen to direct? “Well, I think directing is a very particular craft, but I would like to develop my own projects. I studied English, so I am very interested in telling stories.” Bringing one of her punk heroines to screen perhaps? “I was just reading an article in a magazine about Debbie Harry. I don’t think there’s been a film about her,” she grins. “And I have thought it would be interesting to play Hamlet, but as a young woman. I think that would be quite interesting.” Very interesting indeed.

The Aeronauts is out on December 20 (US) and out now in the UK
net-a-porter

Very interesting article. Thanks for sharing, Nymphaea. I also think that the photoshoot is good - it's very Felicity.

Called it! Felicity Jones Is Pregnant with Her First Child

Arrives at ‘The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon’ in New York on December 05, 2019.

ITXHSAP.jpg

Felicity Jones attends the premiere of "The Aeronauts" at SVA Theater on December 04, 2019 in New York City.

is4e6De.jpg

2wsVUvH.jpg

Felicity Jones visits SiriusXM Studios on December 03, 2019 in New York City.

D8PHxhR.jpg

Felicity Jones attends SAG-AFTRA Foundation Conversation: "The Aeronauts" at The Robin Williams Center on December 2, 2019 in New York City.

3UwbqHb.jpg

At JFK Airport on November 30, 2019.

MEk84vi.jpg

gotceleb.com, hawtcelebs.com, wireimage.com​

Shape US (January / February 2020)
DRW6216.jpg

sVkbcj2.jpg

9NnV47n.jpg

Iv6EUe9.jpg

Photographed by Matthew Priestley for Bustle (January 2020)
YYjwWpl.jpg

JSvWyFN.jpg

zXdQkz8.jpg

aewkAPL.jpg

He2ZkZ5.jpg

pMI1T6J.jpg

cxZJh65.jpg

zoaGNqb.jpg

starity.hu​

Cheap American magazines overbronzing people and making them dress like bimbos, in hot pink & purple that cover is horrendous. Inside shots less off putting, but seriously WTF.

Felicity Jones has given birth. Felicity Jones is seen taking her newborn baby out for a stroll after becoming a mother for the first time, London, 9/11/20
33060794-8723105-image-m-101_1599837398941.jpg
33060842-8723105-image-m-139_1599837869075.jpg

dailymail.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hipolito201
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->