Fendace Pre-Fall 2022 by Steven Meisel

It was supposed to be a brilliant but what a flat preview , first of all : Guido are you responsable of this hairstyle ? It's a MESS they should have stick with the 2 hairstyles used during the runway presentation because those color hair does not fit at all the atmosphere of the collection.
The second thing that annoying is the set/background or whatsover I mean why add the logo everywhere when your clothes already screams FENDACE ?
I hope to see better shot especially of Imaan because I was waiting for the campaign the presentation did grow on me but now I'm not so sure...
Does anyone know who is part of the casting ?

Without Fabien and Karl, Meisel’s becoming a clueless mess— as sadly also Pat, Melanie, Guido. Not even Kristen and Imaan can save such an overwhelming level of Housewives-cheapness: This is the new eurotrash.

(Fendace still looks and sounds like a trolling, caricature brand by some circuit drag queen, like Bob The Drag Queen. …LOL… weeps.)

Kim Jones probably had one good Meisel Campaign and it was for Louis Vuitton (The Supreme collection).
The campaign is ugly but I don’t mind, the collection is ugly too.

It’s interesting to see that now, many brands gets the « Anna Sui treatment » from Meisel. Give him something great to work on!

At one point we can’t expect mediocre collections to be saved by good campaigns. Since Zara is the only brand willing to elevate it standards, no wonder he deliver the good there.

Kristen’s dead stare is not working for me and whereas Imaan looks stunning as always those blue highlights on her hoe were a choice. as if it needed to look tackier. good grief.

the whole layout and logo makes it really cheap. Fendace is a vile name.

I hope there are more models involved and therefore more shots.

I love Kristen to death but they're making her look like Madame Tussauds.

This just makes me sad. I understand Meisel won't be giving us anything close to rehab/plastic surgery anymore, not even the café society narratives of 90s-00s US Vogue are worth his effort it would seem, and I guess that's down to this awf*l era we're in, but damn, give us a good studio shoot at least! Everything about this is cheap, and when even these two models can't elevate the standards, what do you expect lesser girls ("girls", sorry) to be able to do with the shocking backdrop and "quality" imagery shot by the third assistant no doubt.

Mind you Kim deserves to get trolled. All of the recent Meisel shoots read "you pay for the name" and it's all left at that.

It's mediocre, but I'm not surprised, I already set my expectations low since there is nothing creative or artistic about the whole Fendace thing, to begin with.

Kim and Melanie are okay with being mediocre so Meisel will deliver subpar results if that is what they asking from him. Meisel has nothing left to prove, so he won't go the extra mile when people hire him and don't ask him for it. He is not the only one nowadays, so I don't why he's the one to be criticized the most.

Reminds me of to the Fendi/Gucci terrible joke in "White Chicks". Now is some sort of reality. Still I like both pictures a lot.

These are very lovely. I love Meisel!

Anok Yai, Adut Akech, Naomi Campbell & Imaan Hammam:

Anja, Lina, Amar Akway and McMenamy in swimsuit

fendace-1651110540.jpg

02-fendace-adv-campaign-1651110619.jpg
01-fendace-adv-campaign-1651110654.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I've ever seen such a bad picture of Anja...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->