Fendi ‘Baguette’ Handbags 2022 : Linda Evangelista by Steven Meisel

I don't get the praise. It's mediocre at best. The styling is beyond hideous and just plain dumb but Carlyne did it so it's amazing and clever blah blah blah. Cut the bullsh*t.
'Linda Evangelista by Steven Meisel' will always be magical words to read, but no matter how much we suspend reality by combining fond memories with photoshop, we're not in the 90s anymore. Look back, but let go. Move on, make the most of the 2020s.

Linda is just so dynamic, you can't look away. Her eyebrows alone in this shot are doing more for the camera than some popular models have managed in their entire careers. But overall, I don't actually like this much. The way she's hidden beneath so much (ugly) product feels reminiscent of the way they used to photograph any plus sized celebrities - not an inch of skin showing. In this case, I feel Linda herself is likely advocating for a more covered up look due to her self-described deformities, but for me it sort of takes away a bit from the power of her comeback moment.

That said, the excitement around this from users here is kind of contagious. We get so used to lackluster campaigns and covers and editorials, it's thrilling to see a campaign and a comeback that brings people joy after so many disappointments.

Good for Linda but this is even more offensive than Kate's photoshopping.

It's cheeky and fun.
Nothing groundbreaking, and far from her most iconic work.
She's still Linda tho.
I wonder if going forward, will all of her work be closeups, while the rest of her his buried under fabrics?

Great to see Linda but I HATE the colours and accessories/bags. The cheap looking satin, the dry grey knit and matte paillettes of the bag don't mix. So washed out and flat looking, but the worst thing is seeing those obnoxious looking toggles sticking out the way they are. Could they not colour match them to the hats?

Linda, Meisel and Carlyne can't even elevate this stuff but I guess by association people are going to think it's good.

I'm so glad than Linda is back, i think this a beautiful ad & the pastel colors fits her so well. Excited to see the whole campaign.

By far has been copying Baguette for quite a long time, so now real Baguette bags seem not that appealing....Meisel is great, Linda is great, but the result is not satisfying.

They need to relaunch the first edition of Baguette (1997) again with Fondazione Arte della Seta Lisio in Florence. Those look so luxurious but the bags in the ad are cheap looking.

Oh, this is all kinds of awesome! So great to see Linda back on the scene, even though this is limited. Bravo!

There are combinations that always do it for me! Carlyne, Meisel and Linda is always fabulous!
Too bad it’s all for the glory of Kim Jones but fabulous campaign!

This is Linda first Fendi campaign in years!

Glorious! Moments like this take me back to when I first started to like fashion/fashion photography and how much I'd obsess over every small detail. How wonderful to see Linda Evangelista back on the scene and with Steven Meisel, nevertheless. You just know she felt comfortable posing for him!

She will be on the show right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->