Fendi F/W 07.08 Great Wall of China

*Bianca*

Reaction score
BEIJING - OCTOBER 19: Models showcase designs by Karl Lagerfeld for Fendi at the Fendi Great Wall of China fashion show showcasing designer Karl Lagerfeld's Fall/Winter 2007 collection for the brand, taking place on the Great Wall of China itself, on October 19, 2007 in Beijing, China. (Photo by Andrew Walker/Getty Images for Fendi)

77412576af8.jpg

getty

77412564qz3.jpg

77412548gl1.jpg

77413844cc9.jpg

getty

there are more pics on getty but I don't have time atm to post the rest sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that they selected an easy portion of the Great Wall. It's tough to walk on those steep slopes and stairs, let alone in high heels!
But the venue is so amazing!

This is so strange ^_^ What a location!
Epitome of extravagance
You'd think it would be for something bigger like a haute couture collection

I like the mix of transparent vest over the white dress shirt for the male model

i still think it's so weird that they did a fashion show on one of the most beloved monuments in the world

Fendi made it so much better than Louis Vuitton did in Japan...
ahahah...
Mondialization, Globalization...
Now every shows is remade in Asia...
why aren't the asian stars coming to Europe to see the shows???
and why oh why the american celebrities are coming to China to see the show???
insane...

i really don't know what to think about this... this is kind of weird, to me...

by the way... it looks like the ss08 collection... so maybe someone could change the title...

Does it happen often??? or is it special... because Fendi opens a flagship in China???

yah tbh i thought it was SS too.... but wasn't sure since I didn't know whether China might have the seasons differently or not... so I just went by what getty said.

this is fantastic, what a location, although i was more interested in the surroundings than the actual clothes so i'll have to have a good few looks at them which i suppose is always good

I lovelovelove that the location is the great wall. So cool!! However i think the venue upstaged the clothes, the collection is kinda mediocre:S

HOLY COW! What a location!:shock::woot:

I agree with gius that it's strange that this is simply showing the Milan SS 08 Fendi collection on the Great Wall...seems like such an extravagant event for the RE-showing of a collection, seen just a week or so ago:huh:.

The event seems to require the likes of one of Galliano's Dior Haute Couture show, not a RTW Fendi show!:lol:

Oh well...imagine what it would have been like to have been there:rolleyes:...an experience of a lifetime, I would imagine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->