Fendi Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

It's such a coma-inducing show. The collection itself is so bland that there's literally nothing to talk about. At least Chanel gave us some (negative) emotion, this thing gives nothing, it's just there and nobody will remember it in 5 minutes.

Meanwhile... I was sat watching the live-stream thinking it was a rather beautiful and streamlined collection from Kim Jones! The fabrics looked exquisite, could particularly see Anna Wintour in some variation of that bronze coat at the start of the collection. Some of those dresses toward the end of the collection looked at light as air - absolutely heavenly!

Kinda looks like something in the Matthew Williams "universe". And that flippant wave at the end lol this is just so weird. As a furrier it made more sense, but Fendi doesn't need to be doing haute couture, especially when you're just keeping it's brainless body on life support with this guy.

Why is Jones' Fendi so american in its sensibility? This could be Isaac Mizrahi couture. It lacks that sense of fun and humor both Karl's and Sylvia's collections had. It's very textbook couture, overly precious and too serious for an italian brand.

It’s beautiful, boring and forgettable.
The mille-feuilles white gown is very beautiful but then again, very predictable.

There’s no display of Couture techniques. Even Zuhair Murad did some draping. Nothing is fun, a bunch of silk jersey embroidered gowns. A bunch of embroideries…
The textures in the daywear could have been more interesting if supported by an interesting cut and a more forgiving length.

And what’s going on with these designers having their shows looking like funerals. Bring the fun, bring the good drama!

I’m so done with him at Fendi.

Indeed some very few beautiful pieces but it’s unflattering. the final look had that lush fabric but it was a box. the top on Mona (look 2) was horrendous and it followed on other girls. and the malfunction on look 4 were pieces of the garment fell on the floor?
he dresses in the middle were good.

anyone knows who’s the second to last model? beautiful face!

can’t wait for the next CD

It’s really devoid of a look. It’s razor thin in its proposition. Really simple pieces, which I do not mistake for purity. I’m so sad for all these Italian brands. What a disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swissmiss2000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->