Fendi S/S 2022 Milan

I thought the print looks were Pucci, but bad version. First time he dares to use more colors and prints but not successful, i guess.

It's very pretty by the book. The first look is the best one in this collection. Overall inoffensive, and humorless, which is quite sad because Karl Fendi is always fun. This is too serious.

The colors palette is repetitive and boring, all of his collections are starting to blending into one. He needs to focus on the tailoring and leave dressmaking to Silvia because his dresses are horrible, it's clumsy, heavy and too complicated.

The prints are looking like Pucci leftovers, and his furs and feathers are not skillful they just look heavy and dated.

A decent collection for Pucci , but a bad Fendi one.

I get that the prints were done in a collaboration with the archives of Antonio Lopez, but everything here is extremely literal and heavy-handed. The prints are unfortunately the worst part of the collection. Accessories are a complete non-event this time, they looked as if Silvia had had a competition for the biggest FENDI logo. I don't know, it's not as offensive as Kim's couture debut, but it's almost too boutique-ready. There's this lack of direction and lack of humour. I also don't get his fascination with silks and more shiny fabrics. They're extremely tricky to work with, but he somehow insists on putting them in every collection.

Silvia Venturini Fendi and Her Daughter Delfina + Kim Jones

Mixed feelings…
I like the intention of this collection…The return to a certain idea of glamour and opulence. I see Kim « TRYING » to infuse a bit of the spirit of Karl into his work: the flou, the tailoring, the humor…etc.

But it feels very linear, lifeless, boutique ready but quite poor in terms of fashion presentation.

@avonlea002 mentionned Elie Saab and it’s totally that. The only difference is that Elie Saab is a skilled designer, dressmaker and tailor.
Everytime Kim Jones does a collaboration, i feel like it’s just to hide his weaknesses.
We know what the Fendi Atelier can do so when we see the caftan style dresses, it feels reductive.

I like the feathers, the furs, some of the shoes and bags but the clothes despite their intention doesn’t feels « designed ». And for such a colorful collection, there’s a real lack of joie de vivre…

Karl did 70’s at Fendi. His fabulous FW2000 or the spring 2011 collection were very 70’s in the spirit but it was never a quote on quote. It had nuances, it was a post modern interpretation of the era…

LOOK 5 is a waste of fabrics. A disaster.

fortunately it doesnt look too bad and horribly outdated like his former two womens collections.

there are some really nice styles,which I am sure didnt come from his hands :D
and then there are few styles where you can see his weird momsy bad taste came through.

Fendi could save some money by getting rid of him and better invest in the own design team,or just in Silvia?!

There’s no distinction with him. Ever. If I’m being generous, it’s just an any given high-end department store’s in-house label offering.

All the shine, colors and prints— and big name castings, collabs, and now dragging out Sylvia for some begging of creds can't mask that there’s nothing remotely interesting in cut, construction, and material that you couldn't easily find in any given high-end department store’s own label. He’s that bland. Even Kanye’s messy debut in Paris was leagues better than this corporate offering.

After his very drab and boring fall collection, I'm just thankful he's discovered colors other than beige, this was starting to look like a Max Mara sales floor...the presentation was nice, whenever the camera panned away from the clothes, I could almost fool myself that it was a good collection. Looking strictly at the clothes without the smoke and mirrors it's crystal clear how empty this all was, the individual pieces could belong to any number of brands but the Fendi signature is nowhere to be found...maybe in the accesories with the extra big logo?

Wow. If it was not clear before, it is most certainly is now- Kim Jones CANNOT DESIGN FOR WOMEN. I mean, I have not seen this obvious disregard for the female form since Simons at Dior. A t-shirt dress, are you kidding me? The beginning had promise, he grabs your attention with a nice coat or two just to let you down with what follows. Fendi was great. I stand by that statement. Such a historical house, it is a shame at what has unfolded.

There are like 5 nice looks here.

The rest looks like a collection from one of those tacky NY designers who dresses D listers for People's Choice Awards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->