Fendi S/S 2009 Milan

i always like fendi's fall collections better than spring. f/w 08.09 was great, so i wasn't expecting much more than this anyway... the belts are really ugly, but i like most of the black pieces, especially the one on jessica stam, and the looks on mariacarla and ali s. (post #67)...

it's all looks good except the lace. i'm sick of lace coz it's everywhere this season and the belt looks like blackberry trackball.

With the exception of the pink flower dress and about three looks at the end I dont understand or like this collection much, very dissapointing since i loved his last 2 spring collections, not even the accessories can really save this, a few of the suede wedge booties are cute though.

I like this collection. Before i read this thread i just blogged about it :-)

It's all very Fendi and as usual, I don't really like it and I'm not sure what Fendi adds to the fashion world but anyway...the last white dress is gorgeous (probably because I was in love with something similar from last season Prada but in dark blue)

What I love about Fendi is that I know I'll feel like a girly girl in almost any thing dished out. ANYTHING.

So i couldnt fully check this out until today and it feels kind of good that i am doing it 24 hours after i saw the first few pictures.
for a rather graphic collection, i think it contained a lot of information and some of the things that most stroke me are the ones that follow:

i have to agree with dior_couture that the colour palette was indeed disturbing... black and beige and then all of a sudden the roses in all shades of pink and white and bright blue... a little unfocused on that area

it's so good the belts are removable. i love the idea of the dress with big skirt (not rigid and that i love) with a pencil tulle skirt underneath covering the knees, and the cut-outs and the cinched waits to... however i think it would look even greater if the belt had been maybe maybe more tulle or another fabric around the waist, the way marc jacobs has done this season and some other creators.

although they seem to work pretty well together, and many people say Silvia should get a lot more credit for the whole collection, this time more than ever i get the feeling that the bags go in a very different direction, and that the lady-likeness they have doesnt contrast too well with the rather edgy clothes. one could of course say it's all about the contrast and it's a new way of combining things... however, it looks accidental here! so no good team work :lol:

it's funny suzy menkes mentioned karl innovating with fabric as a strange thing to do at fendi. i always thought Fendi was karl's favorite house whenever he tried to introduce new materials... think of last seasons gold fur, and how he's used silicon in other summer shows (and there's of course this quote of him saying he did it because he thinks it looks better on the clothes than on the body, as in from surgery)

really fun fendi collection. and i think it will be even better to see in editorials (interviews with the kaiser out yet? i can already hear karl saying "oh, but you know ze knees is the ugliest part of ze body... you know ze girls came for ze fittings and zey all had very ugly knees! i thought i hate ze knees i dont wanna see knees ever again, so i zouht... if i want to give them allure, i'll veil them! zat's modern, no? chic, no? don't you zink?")

i'm biased since i always tend to like the shapes and silhouettes from karl's fendi collections. The belts are a big error however but they can obviously be substituted. A very repetitive collection however, i don't know why everyone is so offended about the hair...none of the girls even look bad except for STAM.

There are great pieces but what's with those corsets-belts they're wearing? They look hideous.

But it's Lanvin, we can forget all the mistakes.

i like a lot of the dresses i just wish those stupid ugly belts were gone..

As a whole though i don't like this collection, and not just because of the belts :(

This....is...odd
I usually have an opinion on shows but, here I don't know.
I don't know whether to laugh, ohhh ahh, or roll my eyes.
I do know I detest the belts and I do like the shoes.

its an interesting collection, more conceptual than chic, these are clothes you have to think about to appreciate. In all its Largerfeld being Largerfeld, what he has created with Fendi isnt the best s/s collection but one to think about. Although it is fare to say the bags were to die for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->