Photography: Juergen Teller
Creative Partner: Dovile Drizyte
Campaign Creative Direction: Ferdinando Verderi
Styling: Lotta Volkova
Hair: Thom Walker
Make up: Virginie Benarroch
Nails: Sylvie Macmillan
Models: Raquel Zimmerman, Lina Zhang, Peter Saville

Raquel + Juergen!!!!!! Can't wait to see more!

With Lotta styling and Juergen lensing..clearly hoping for that Miu Miu,YSL effect. After MDs slow burn start we'll see how this all plays.

I really like Davis' designs but everything else is a mess. Is it that hard to establish a distinct vision for the brand and stick to it? This new crop of CDs is clueless when it comes to world building.

My first though when I saw this was, "Oh, so we're doing this, this season?".

I've been rooting for Davis at Ferragamo for a while, because I think his designs are solid enough, but this campaign and the overall lack of consistency and conviction in his vision means I'm done making excuses for him. I get that there is external corporate pressure (a whole other mess) but a good creative director sticks to, and even adapts their vision as they grow into the role but Davis has been all over the place with his stylists and his campaigns. I get whiplash from season to season.

Don't get me started on the use of Jeurgen Teller, whose work I can only begrudgingly tolerate for Saint Laurent. Also, I'm now convinced that using Lotta Volkova as a stylist is an official sign that your brand and vision is flailing. All these short-sighted CDs using her to try and replicate her success for Miu Miu, the hype around which is already starting to decline. While she has talent, she is no creative director or fairy godmother who can wave her magic wand and rescue a creative director with no vision. Where will she go next? Gucci? Burberry? Lotta to the rescue!

New stylist, new photographer, new brand identity every season that’s insane.

He signed for the job, he should have a clear idea of what Ferragamo is to him since the very beginning.

People complain that new talents should have more opportunities but when they have one, they are really not good from Peter Do at Helmut Lang to Davis at Ferragamo.

They are known for their shoes, but imagine booking this campaign only to find out that you're being used as a foot model and the job is actually unrecognizable. Crazy. Hope there are additional images and these are just the accessories and essentials adverts.

Creative director Maximilian Davis chose iconic models for the campaign: Raquel Zimmermann and Lina Zhang; alongside art director Peter Saville, Tim Schuhmacher, Yasmin Warsame and Maia Tellit Hawad—French scholar and close friend of the designer. via ferragamo.com

People wearing clothes/shoes that are too big for them must be this season's way of selling you "luxury".

So the campaign features looks from both the F/W 2024.25 and Resort 2025 collections and is titled “Ferragamo in Florence”

Can a mod please update the threads title?

Honestly not a good campaign. Maybe Lina's shot is the least bad, but I could have taken these pictures too (and I'm not a good photographer at all)

the video is too similar to those of Saint Laurent, with the models just standing and the quick camera changes, but it lacks the sophistication. Teller works very well with SL because there's a contrast between his raw photography and the slickness and glam of the looks. here the natural make-up and simple hair doesn't elevate the look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chicbean
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->