Ferragamo F/W 2024.25 Milan

That was quite a confused and confusing collection…

First of all, the cast was great! This was one of the best cast of the season. Maybe Vittoria was missing (she is the best for closing) but it was great!

I think it was a very Daniel Lee and Phoebe Philo Infused collection. Much more casual, down to earth with those tones and unfortunately, most of the first part did not have the easy and cool of Daniel Lee.

I think where Maximillian shines is when it’s much more formal and glamorous. He has a modern vision of glamour that I love. The kind of glamour you want to see at Tom Ford for example.
I think some of his eveningwear was probably the best I have seen so far this season. The fringes and oversized paillettes dresses! The bags and shoes were good…

Probably his less focused collection and some pieces showed also some technical weaknesses but he is a talent.

If he is well nurtured and work on his skills, I can see him take over a brand like Tom Ford in a few years.

I think where Maximillian shines is when it’s much more formal and glamorous.
This and he really should stick to it. After all the brand changes and color changes with Ferragamo his evening gowns, Party dressess kind of remain in my mind. Why cant he focus on that? instead of trying to give oversized stuff that everyone else is doing now or those chunky tailored pieces.

Ok, first of all, I really enjoyed it! But I was quite confused because some looks reminded me of Phoebe, then BV, then Prada, then Michael Kors, etc.

So it was a mash up of different ideas (or maybe styling?) that made the whole collection less strong.

The cast is amazing and Yasmin Warsame is still a beauty! However, I hate the two different energies you can feel between the women and the men: the men were a bit too aloof for me, whereas the women were relaxed, confident and very sensual.

(The men's casting should have older men, much too young imo)

The shorts for men will not happen, so he must move on.

The best part was the very relaxed modern glamour look: His approach to it is very interesting and convincing.

He tries to push the bag, but it is not a good one and some of the looks became weaker because of it.

Even if the collection is a bit all over the place, I really enjoyed it! While the echoes of Daniel Lee, Phoebe Philo, and Prada were pretty easy to recognize, I feel like he remixed those references pretty well and, as a result, we got an insanely luxurious collection. It's also very real, all the more experimental ideas are nicely balanced.

I think it's my favourite collection from MFW so far and I really hope Davis will get the treatment he deserves, i.e. the management will finally get the distribution together.

Interestingly enough this collection was styled by Lotta Volkova (replacing Carlos Nazario from the previous seasons)
It was not necessarily a bad collection but again it just completely lacks any excitement or interesting, new proposals. Two years in and still a specific, unique Ferragamo identity is not really well defined. I understand it's not an easy task for a house like Ferragamo but right now it's just out there...

Interestingly enough this collection was styled by Lotta Volkova (replacing Carlos Nazario from the previous seasons)

Before Nazario, Kamara and Nickerson did the styling for the shows. Let's talk about revolving door...

Love it. The perfect cast. great colors, good footwear and i
am even starting to warm up to his oversize hug bag.

all his women were strong and sultry, but still full of grace.

It's really just a pity that he's not at the helm of Gucci. One just imagining what he would be capaple of achieving with a better management, more budget and a streamlined distribution? One can only dream...

It would all have been even stronger without the sleepwalking male youngsters that looked like scared boy scouts lost on the catwalk between all these Supervixens.

His menswear is really good, but the womenswear is mixed. This brand is struggling and needs knock out collections and this is not it, the avante garde touches are not needed.

I was initially sceptical about his appointment, but a couple of seasons in, I think Maximilian Davis has proven himself to be a solid, talented designer.

The best looks were the simplest ones. Otherwise, there was an overuse (and misuse) of one too many details - obi straps, ostrich feathers, fringe. I think he has a similar problem to Mathieu Blazy, in that he needs to dial down the fussiness and sharpen his message.

Still looks like an off brand. I saw the pics on twitter with no context and genuinely had no idea what brand I was looking at. It seems like an amorphous parisian dupe label.

There is some value to that. Ferragamo has never been associated with anything fashionable. Becoming a dupe label that goes with other bigger labels is a smart move for them.

Too many belts/straps for my liking. I also don’t think Paloma was a good choice for the finale look. Most of the menswear was good though.

Overall this was a strong collection from Maximilian!! Definitely a personal favourite from Milan so far!! His menswear is delectable!! While some may say there are too many ideas or Phoebe, or Matthieu esque moments I this this is down to the editing.. But ultimately the talent is there, specially for a young designer!! Good to see!!

I can see myself going to a fancy dinner in the two full knitwear looks (the beige and the green on Linesy) with just a nice little bag and it’s perfect!
I must say that about Maximillian: he has a nice eye for colors! He chooses the right shades. And the burgundy and red combination Lotta did is kinda fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinribs98
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->