Reaction score
get ready for the rebirth of the Ferragamo brand,
seems like they are finally ready for a much needed re-launch
extracts from the wwd article

052404_79.jpg

from fw04.05 collection

Ferragamo’s New Path
By Alessandra Ilari
ROME — The Ferragamos are out to become more competitive.

The family, which also owns Ungaro, has mapped out a medium-term growth plan that revolves around new key executives in design and production who are being given more authority than ever; a stepped-up retail expansion program, and greater design unity between Ferragamo’s ready-to-wear and accessories collections.
As reported, over the past seven months Ferragamo has created three new executive posts: Hervè Martin joined as product general manager in September, while *Nathalie Gervais and Fulvio Zendrini arrived in March as creative director and head of international communications, respectively.

“The boom of fashion houses diversifying with accessories has resulted in a fiercer competition and a consequent loss of market share for Ferragamo, which is why we felt the need to implement our team,” said Ferragamo
Attracting a marquee name to design the company’s rtw clearly didn’t fit the bill, Ferragamo said, because the idea is to push the accessories rather than suffocate them for the sake of the apparel.

“We want to broaden our clientele but we’re a lifestyle brand more than an age target,” said Ferragamo. “We want to update that lifestyle and make it more appealing to a younger clientele without tweaking our characteristics.”

Only the eyewear is licensed to Luxottica for technical purposes. “We’re conservative when it comes to licenses because it’s still the best way to have total control and safeguard quality,” said Ferragamo

*wasn't Nathalie working at Nina Ricci? or was she at Hermes?

I'm sure she was at Nina Ricci.

it might be hard for her to rejuvenate it 'without tweaking the characteristics'.

Originally posted by runner@May 25th, 2004 - 10:46 am
I'm sure she was at Nina Ricci.

it might be hard for her to rejuvenate it 'without tweaking the characteristics'.
hmmm then, i've seen her last ever collection for Ricci, she's very talented i was sad to see her go.. anyway, thanks a lot runner :flower:

i'm positive she can pull this through, the company seems ready for big steps and the time is right for them B)

Ferragamo to me IS accesories ...
It'll be interesting to check out Ms Gervais take on rtw.

PS If I was in the management department ... I'd try to strengthen the label on MENSWEAR as well.

Originally posted by MissPurple@May 25th, 2004 - 8:39 am
Ferragamo indeed needs to be refreshed...
You can say that again :P It's stagnated for a quite a few years while witnessing many of its competitors getting revitalized and taking off, and is now stale as a loaf of week-old bread. Has anyone seen their current ad campaigns? They look so dated I had to double check that I wasn't flipping through a mag from the 90's. :ninja:

I think the accessories market is ludricous but also insanely competitive, and sometimes even fresh designs and excellent quality aren't enough to 'pull a Gucci' for some brands. Bally immediately comes to mind - under Scott Fellows it's been thoroughly revitalized with consistently attractive, competitive products, but the label is still struggling financially.

Originally posted by Orochian@May 26th, 2004 - 1:49 am
Bally immediately comes to mind - under Scott Fellows it's been thoroughly revitalized with consistently attractive, competitive products, but the label is still struggling financially.
You know, I went to Bally a couple of weeks ago and was more impressed than I expected to be... I didn't buy anything, but there were some nice stuff to be found!

And I agree with you all, Ferragamo is so ripe for a change... Everything feels so dull...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ixtab
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->