Ferragamo S/S 2024 Milan

I enjoyed this. Great soundtrack and set design. Too much green for my liking, though.

I wish he’d experiment with more fabrics and textures. Like that beaded car seat cover dress story could be rendered in a few other pieces.

I think three collections after Davis's debut, we can dare expressing an opinion on the new course of Ferragamo.

Pretty? Yes. Directional, I doubt.

It just follows the trail of some much fashion output of recent years, sort of clean, modern clothes where you can detect whiffs of Philo filtered via Lee's urban sensibility.

Davis has definitely not cracked the Ferragamo conundrum: how is it possible that a house with such rich history and craftsmanship tradition has never been able to produce memorable fashion at any level, least of all their core business, footwear.

Some ideas work wonderfully, some don't work at all. I absolutely hate the layering, it looks sad, doesn't really fit and is not inspiring at all. It's not a bad collection, but it definitely needs stronger styling. I still prefer the F/W 2023 one tho, that one felt more complete and focused.

It is rather uninspiring. The bags are fine, although the shoes seem like bit of an afterthought.

Shouldn't expect Ferragamo to be seated in the high heavens for design innovation, but this doesn’t feel very aspirational which is what you’d want from a brand like this. The clothes are beautifully made but like Sabato’s Gucci it’s all rather empty.

It is also at odds with his previous ones too. Each season has felt a bit “in their own echo chamber” with little to do with what has happened before. There’s even disparity with what he did at his own label and I’m not sure it’s development or adaptation.

I like this very much.

I felt that every idea and detail (the embroidered F lifted from Salvatore Ferragamo's signature, the ankle strap on the sandals echoed in the leather collar detail of some of the looks, etc.) was well thought out and executed,; the subtle bell-shaped sleeves on the tailoring looked very fresh; and the trail of very long fringe attached to the minimalist evening dresses was sexy and very chic at the same time.

True, there are echoes of Phoebe Philo's Céline in many of the details (extended shirt cuffs, mix of khaki and black leather in a single outfit, fitted bodice with layered hems, etc.), but they looked more like a point of reference than an outright copy. I felt more strongly a kind of late 90s New York minimalism in some of the separates, outerwear and layering - not a bad thing at all.

I didn't like Maximilian Davis' previous shows, so this was a really nice surprise. It makes me want to finally walk into a Ferragamo store once again, half a year from now.

It is very Celine esque , and its quite nice! It is his best collection to date the issue is there is not much to distinguish it from a sea of Celine clones and the bags/shoes are not giving much hope. The Ferragamo store where I live is almost always empty thats not good for a big house like this.

I just cannot bring myself to like this guy. The designs felt cheap, like that beige trench coat turned sweater, and rather lazy and uninspirational. The whole collection felt incoherent from one design to another, doesn’t go well with the accessories as well.

The bags have also been for the longest time uninteresting, it makes me feel like the odd designs are just for the sake of being there. And the patent leathers don’t look good. Colors are also not nice.
Really, what’s there to like here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swissmiss2000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->