Fetish By Eve

fetish is relaunching...
from wwd...

53smptl.jpg
535atz6.jpg

Fetish's distressed leather trenchcoat; An oversize sweater with cropped leggings

5219tvc.jpg

Eve (center) in a Fetish dress with models wearing high-waisted jeans with a graphic tank and denim capri pants with a logo T-shirt and cropped leather jacket.

Eve is back and she still has the same fetish for clothes.

The rapper/actress first launched her apparel brand Fetish in 2003. But she went through a rough ride in the business, introducing the collection with the Los Angeles-based Innovo Group, where she experienced production and delivery problems, and then switching to Marc Ecko Enterprises in 2004. Shortly after Eve entered a partnership with Ecko, the brand was shelved with promises to relaunch later.

That date never came, and Eve began to give up on her idea to add the job of designer to her résumé.

"After what happened with Marc, I wasn't sure I ever wanted to bring the brand back," she said in an interview. "It was a lot to deal with and I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with it again."

She said it was going to require much convincing for her to sign with a new partner. Earlier this year, that partner came along.

"I always liked the Fetish name and admired Eve's style," said Chris Laurita, president of Signature Apparel, who officially signed on as the rapper's partner in February. "When I heard that Ecko was shelving the brand, I immediately reached out to Eve, planned a meeting and we found out that really, we had the same vision for this brand. The whole thing happened really fast and I bought out Ecko's side of the partnership."

One major thing Eve stressed in her meetings with Laurita was that she wanted the product to be upgraded with better fabrics, modern styling and more fashionable pieces. The result is a full young contemporary sportswear collection that includes leather jackets, oversize cozy sweaters, high-waisted denim jeans and skirts, leather pants, wool plaid shorts and a few logo T-shirts scattered throughout. The denim pieces, which serve as the anchor of the line, wholesale from $50 to $80. The most expensive item, an outerwear piece, wholesales at around $300.

"The product is much higher quality than it was and is a step above what sits on the junior floor," Laurita said, explaining the new Fetish would be placed somewhere between the junior and contemporary areas in a store.

Laurita said that for the initial launch for holiday, he will keep distribution tight, only selling to select specialty retailers. While he has yet to show the line to buyers, his ideal retailers would be stores like Up Against the Wall, Atrium and Lounge.

Laurita and Eve declined comment on first-year sales expectations for the relaunch, but sources close to the company said the brand should bring in about $15 million in wholesale volume in its first year at retail.

Despite her schedule, Eve, who is also a MAC Viva Glam girl, said she is determined to make Fetish work this time around.

"Now that I am not doing the TV show [UPN's "Eve" was canceled in 2005 after three years on the air], I have much more time to concentrate on Fetish," Eve said. "Chris and I are in constant communication, and I am always going to be very involved no matter what else is happening in my life."

i saw that this morning: my first thought was; i want that leather trench!

wherever Marc Ecko shelves were where he put it:lol::lol::lol: they should have let it stayed there................
We dont NEED anymore Celebrity lines. i thought this would have been dead by now, but it seems there is no end in sight!!!

After all the talk about what a fashionista Eva was I was completely let down by her "collection" which turned out to be the same boring *** demin, t-shirt and track suits that everybody with a record deal was doing at the time. I'm looking forward to seeing her new stuff. It can only get better since the last line was made for the bargain bin.

After all the talk about what a fashionista Eva was I was completely let down by her "collection" which turned out to be the same boring *** demin, t-shirt and track suits that everybody with a record deal was doing at the time. I'm looking forward to seeing her new stuff. It can only get better since the last line was made for the bargain bin.

Or the garbage bin maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->