Flare September 2011 : Jessica Stam by Max Abadian

SugarMe

Reaction score
dPC0f.jpg

flare.com

Issue: September 2011
Who: Jessica Stam
Photo: Max Abadian

Jessica Stam is wearing a dress and belt by Vionnet, a necklace by Dior, a ring by Swarovski and shoes by Christian Louboutin.
The issue will be released August 8th.

Behind the Scenes Video here.

flare.com

When: May 23
Where: Industria superStudio, New York City

Jessica Stam was just 18 when she first appeared on FLARE’s November 2004 cover. A lot has happened between then and now, when we met her in New York City for our September 2011 cover shoot. There have been legendary runway shows with Chanel, Dior and Gaultier; campaigns for Armani, Dolce & Gabbana and Bulgari; and even the Marc Jacobs handbag she inspired, called, fittingly, the Marc Jacobs Stam Bag.

On set, the 5’10” blond slipped into creations from Louis Vuitton, Emilio Pucci, Giles and The Row to split her style between heavenly host and chic she-devil for photographer Max Abadian’s “Naughty & Nice” shoot. Also on set was hair stylist Harry Josh, another Canadian superstar, who tends to the tresses of A-listers worldwide. As at home in sky-high black Louboutin pumps as she was in playful cat ears, Stam exemplified chameleon cool. No wonder this Canadian beauty is one of the top models working in the world today.

This is as beautiful as it gets! I love it! It`s so nice! A bit of color could`ve been made

The best she's looked in a long time, thanks to airbrushing I guess, but still.

I'm not a fan of Stam, she looks so ordinary to me when you compare her to Caroline Trentini, Chanel Iman, Jourdan Dunn, Freja, Lara, Raquel etc. and this image is so normal, where the glamour? The pose and hair is so boring. The dress isn't good in blue and the white for the coverlines here doesn't work. It's a very mediocre shot for Flare who used to have some kick-*** covers (some with Coco pop up to my mind now). I'd give this a 4/10

I would've liked a bit less text on the cover, but everything else looks great. I especially adore the colors. And Jess hasn't looked this good in a long time.

I love stammy but this cover is really borring

It's FLARE magazine-- they're always boring and a non-entity, even when they make an effort to be dramatic, they're still stuck in boring mode.

Canadian photographers and magazines can't seem to escape that catalogue aesthetic. At their best, they always seem to be recycling the setting of "girl in an industrial setting, or industrial rooftop, or alleyway..." You get the idea.

Absolutely gorgeous! That shot with the bow is too cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->