Flat Evening Shoes

lovespell

Reaction score
I have prom coming up, and am looking for shoes. I'm used to wearing 4 inch stilleto's, but my boyfriend doesn't want me to be too much taller then him. I'm 5'8" and his is 5'9.5", so I need a low heeled or flat shoe. Something elegent, and under $50.

My dress is white satin. :smile: Any help would be much appreicated. I haven't had much luck so far. My flats are limited to flip flops, my jogging shoes and my riding boots, otherwise I am in heels. Never had to find something for evening! Thanks everyone.

If I were in your shoes (pun intended), I'd wear these:

p71877b.jpg

$15 from Urban Outfitters.

How detailed is your dress? If it's very simple, I'd go for a funkier designed flat.. if the dress has more to it, then I'd choose something simple.

I would wear 5 inch heels just for the fact that my boyfriend told me not to. :rolleyes:

Male insecurity should not be the reason for your choice of flat shoes. Wear them because you want to not because some guy wanted to be taller than you (over powering you)

Fashion Spot's Femenist has spoken :flower:

Originally posted by BetsyJo@Feb 12th, 2004 - 1:16 am
I would wear 5 inch heels just for the fact that my boyfriend told me not to. :rolleyes:

Male insecurity should not be the reason for your choice of flat shoes. Wear them because you want to not because some guy wanted to be taller than you (over powering you)

Fashion Spot's Femenist has spoken :flower:
Yea... What she said. :wink:

Those green ones are pretty! They have a pair of chocolate colored ones at Newport News.

My dress is very simple. Bias cut, with an open back and ruching over the butt. No extra details.

He didn't tell me I had to, just asked me nicely if I would consider not wearing 5 inch heels. I'd also like us to look relativly balanced in the prom pictures, neither of us way taller then the other.

Besides, I have a million pairs of heels, but no flats. This gives me a reason to go shopping!

personally, i dont think it is anti feminist to want to not be taller than your husband, boyfriend... it is a matter of being comfortable with who you are with. And also what if date is insecure about his height as most shorter men are, I don’t think you are transferring the power to him by not wearing heels you are being nice…. I think feminism gets in the way sometimes and this is a good example….my husband and i are close to the same height, he is taller but if i wore 5inch heels i creep a little past him and i hate IT... nothing to do with empowerment, feminism, i just dont want to be taller than my mate period.... what about kitten heels? i love them and they are comfortable! - i think you need a little heel for formal with a pointed toe... i like the shoes shown but i would feel frumpy wearing flat rounded toes to a formal event. (thats just me)

I love these shoes of Kate Spade, I love this graphic update to the classic ballet flat, it's fun but also easy to wear.

Black nappa leather ballerina flat with white nappa flower with black stacked heel.
Made in Italy : paloma shoe : $235

I really like the 2nd pair of silver ones.

How does this look sound....

White satin evening dress, silver ballet flats, silver clutch, pale pink fur stole, pearls.....Veronica Lake esque waves and red lipstick?

My mother doesn't think the fur stole would go well. What do you think? I think it is oh so glamorous. But is pale pink, white and silver an okay combo, with red lipstick?

I'm confusing myself. :shock:

I was at some store on Newbury Street yesterday and I went to this lovely store that had absolutely gorgeous flat Indian inspired shoes. They were all bejewelled and sequined and had a pointy toe. I'll try googling the store for you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->