Flight of the Conchords (comedy duo & TV series)

"Tough Brets"

16apes8.jpg

2mobm8o.jpg

2d9o13m.jpg

2q9f6uc.jpg

2wh3z2b.jpg

k5a9h.jpg

2112k1z.jpg

os8x6v.jpg

5ot62s.jpg

credit: screencapped by me

Their newest album has a release date! :woot:

I Told You I Was Freaky

There is so much that could be said regarding Flight of the Conchords. How they hail from New Zealand, the island nation with multiple postal services. Or that, after winning a Best Comedy Album Grammy for The Distant Future in 2007, they were nominated for a second Best Comedy Album Grammy in 2008, but were actually relieved not to win again—-because meaningless trophies really do seem important when you only have one, and have to fight over who gets to keep it. And that during the recently-completed second season of their popular HBO television series, fans could download new songs immediately after they debuted on-air. Or that this same popular HBO television series (conveniently also called Flight of the Conchords) was recently nominated for what-sure-seems-like-a-record-breaking 6 Emmys.

But all that is mere background, fact-based information that, while, granted, is largely true, impressive, and odd, doesn’t really allow us to serve up the steaming plate of rich, delicious and hopefully irresistibly persuasive description for which we (or our hired writers) are somewhat known in certain circles. And so: While Flight of the Conchords hammered out their reputation from behind the relative safety of acoustic guitars, blithely billed as a “folk comedy” act, nowadays their musical style runs rampant, unchecked. Judging from the range displayed here on I Told You I Was Freaky, Flight of the Conchords have yet to unearth a genre which can withstand their artistry. Unflinching in their lyrical stance, sophisticated with their arrangements, crafting melodies which always lodge firmly in the frontal lobe: Flight of the Conchords have created 13 best-selling ringtones, humbly masquerading as songs. Their rhymes are fearless, their thesauruses dog-eared. Only cool, confident specimens of manhood such as these could drop three-dollar vocabulary busters like “dungarees” and “pantaloons” while still mesmerizing the ladies with their undulating “Sugalumps.” Vivid imagery? Check: The ardent “Angels” should spur listeners to think twice the next time they consider catching a snowflake on their tongues. Better still, the amorous odyssey of the album’s zenith, “We’re Both in Love with a Sexy Lady,” unfolds before the listener’s very ears in real time; Flight of the Conchords are making history, and You! Are! There!

I Told You I Was Freaky is, among a great many other things, a genre-tripping tour de force and includes three songs from the second series of the show which are otherwise as yet unreleased (“Rambling Through the Avenues of Time,” “Too Many d*cks (On the Dance Floor)” and “You Don’t Have to Be a Prostitute”).

Released: 2009-10-20 (CD), 2009-10-20 (LP)

1. Hurt Feelings
2. Sugalumps
3. We’re Both in Love with a Sexy Lady
4. I Told You I Was Freaky
5. Demon Woman
6. Rambling Through the Avenues of Time
7. Fashion Is Danger
8. Petrov, Yelyena and Me
9. Too Many d*cks (On the Dance Floor)
10. You Don’t Have to Be a Prostitute
11. Friends
12. Carol Brown
13. Angels
:flower:

FINALLY.

I remember when Wiki said the album would be out on June 2 and when June 2 rolled around, there was no news at all. :blink: (Must have been a mistake.)

MORE great news... Season 2 will be released on DVD on August 4! :buzz: Good thing too because I haven't seen any episodes. Ma won't buy HBO. -_-

WheresMyUmbrella, thanks for posting that! I :heart: Hurt Feelings and Friends. "Nobody compliments the meal." Marry me, Jemaine.

WheresMyUmbrella, you gonna make it to Best Buy tomorrow to buy Season 2? :shifty:

My family doesn't have HBO, so I'll have to settle for the DVDs when they are out. Can't wait for the episode with the song "Hurt Feelings" because that is my mother 'uckin' JAM! (Song joke in there.) :P

WheresMyUmbrella, you gonna make it to Best Buy tomorrow to buy Season 2? :shifty:

My family doesn't have HBO, so I'll have to settle for the DVDs when they are out. Can't wait for the episode with the song "Hurt Feelings" because that is my mother 'uckin' JAM! (Song joke in there.) :P

I pre-ordered it from Amazon a few months ago. It arrived on Tuesday.

The deleted scenes are incredible ... as funny as (often funnier) than what made it into the show. :clap:

And the bloopers are awesome. I only wish they were longer ... especially the one where their shirts are ripped off. :shock:

The first disc of Season 2 is crap. The second is better :D

I love when Bret does his version of Korean karaoke! :lol: It killed my mother.

"I'm going to the bathroom. Gotta murder a brown snake." :rofl:

"How does that feel, a taste of your own dick medicine?" Bahahahaha.

"Ok, Little M." "Medium M."

UK tour coming soon(-ish)! :woot:

From NME:
Flight Of The Conchords for new album and UK live gigs
Bret and Jemaine are heading to the UK

Flight Of The Conchords have announced details of their second album - and have also revealed that they will play live UK gigs next year.

The comedy/music duo, Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement, will release 'I Told You I Was Freaky' on October 26. It will feature selected songs from the second series of the TV comedy show, which broadcast in the UK earlier this year.

In a statement they also revealed that they would play UK live dates in early 2010 – but have not revealed details of specific shows yet.

Songs set for inclusion on the album, their second full-length effort, include 'Too Many d*cks (On The Dancefloor)', 'Friends', 'Sugalumps', 'We're Both In Love With A Sexy Lady' and 'Carol Brown'.

Keep checking NME.COM for details of the pair's live gigs when announced.
source: http://www.nme.com/news/flight-of-the-conchords/47070

^ I am so going and dragging all my friends. I am not missing this. No way.

Bret and Jemaine's European tour dates announced!

nl92cj.gif

Flight of the Conchords Make Triumphant If Not Apologetic Return to Europe

"Flight of the Conchords has had a great relationship with the U.K. in the past. In some ways you could say we got our start there, and we were always over at the U.K's house. But then one night, some heated words were said and Flight of the Conchords left in a huff. We haven't been back since. That was five years ago. Now, we're coming back to say we're sorry. We'll also be visiting our old friend Ireland, an acquaintance that we had an uneasy first date with called 'The Netherlands' and some countries we have never met called Norway and Sweden."

– Jemaine Clement

03 May 10 - Amsterdam - Melkweg - Netherlands
04 May 10 - Amsterdam - Melkweg - Netherlands
05 May 10 - Dublin - Olympia - Ireland
06 May 10 - Dublin - Olympia - Ireland
10 May 10 - Birmingham - NIA - United Kingdom
11 May 10 - Manchester - Apollo - United Kingdom
12 May 10 - Manchester - Apollo - United Kingdom
14 May 10 - Glasgow - SECC - United Kingdom
15 May 10 - Glasgow - SECC - United Kingdom
16 May 10 - London - HMV Hammersmith Apollo - United Kingdom
17 May 10 - London - HMV Hammersmith Apollo - United Kingdom
20 May 10 - Bergen - Grieghallen - Norway
22 May 10 - Oslo - Folkteatern - Norway
23 May 10 - Copenhagen - Vega - Denmark
24 May 10 - Stockholm - Cirkus - Sweden

source: flightoftheconchords.co.nz

:flower:

BOOOOOOO.

:judge:

No season 3 in the works. I should have assumed since Kirsten Schaal (Mel) has been doing other projects recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->