2e5tnbc.jpg

2hp3h4x.jpg

source: screencapped by me, from the hbo show

:heart:

Rock the Party with Jemaine Clement's Quirky Threads
Jan 16th 2009
By Matt Glazebrook

5z2slw.jpg

Bret? Present. Jemaine? Present. Murray? Present. After what felt like ages, our favorite New Zealanders return to HBO this Sunday. It's not just the pitch-perfect musical genre parodies or the hilariously deadpan script that makes us love "Flight of the Conchords," there's also the way in which, unlike many comedy shows, it creates a whimsical visual world for its characters.

A big part of this Wes-Anderson-meets-Lower-East-Side-hipster mis-en-scene is Bret and Jemaine's excellent nerd-cool wardrobes. While we can't fully endorse the wearing of animal sweatshirts (or for that matter, bicycle helmets made to look like your own hair), the boys' off-screen outfits offer a more toned down, but equally funky version of their TV alter egos' thrift store dandyism.

We Are Replay Cardigan
While co-star Bret McKenzie favors skinny ties and slim-fit jeans for his off-screen garb, Jemaine Clement's look steers closer to his on-screen character's quirky geek-chic. This retro We Are Replay cardigan is our best approximation of Clement's vintage brown suede and wool zip-up. ($230 from Yoox.com)

Men's Double-Layer Striped Tee in Saucy Red
This arty nautical red-and-white striped long-sleeve is currently a six buck steal. ($6 from OldNavy.com)

D&G Frames in Black
Clement's signature style revolves around his distinctive plastic frame glasses. They soften his striking features and make his lugubrious face seem instantly likable. According to IMDB.com, he describes his personal style as "an ogre who works in a library," which sounds about right to us. ($178 from LensCrafters.com)

7 For All Mankind Floyd Organic Jean In Cali
($129 from RonHerman.com)

source: http://www.asylum.com/2009/01/16/rock-the-party-with-jemaine-clements-quirky-geek-chic/

The jacket returns:

wa1u2r.jpg

source: fotcmb.com

He has the best jackets ever. I wonder if they're all vintage. :wub:

yesss...i love jemaine!! he looks great in the photos above!

I've considered starting a thread for Bret McKenzie (Bret is actually my favorite Conchord), but he doesn't seem to have a personal style. :unsure:

His clothes are all over the place. I find that endearing, actually. :crush:

I've never really sought out candid pictures of the Flight guys. Jemaine has some cute stuff ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->