From Gucci To Gap

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
well..now
:innocent:

De Sole Joins Gap Board

NEW YORK — Not even a month after leaving Gucci Group NV, Domenico De Sole has fallen into the Gap.

Gap Inc., the San Francisco-based specialty retailer, said Tuesday that it named De Sole to its board of directors, where he will serve on the compensation and management development committee.

De Sole’s appointment brings the total number of board members at Gap Inc. to 14, of whom 10 are independent, the company said in a statement.

Other boards De Sole serves on include Procter & Gamble, Bausch & Lomb and Telecom Italia, and the advisory board of Harvard Law School.

“Domenico has skillfully managed one of the world’s most recognized global fashion brands,” said Paul Pressler, president and ceo of Gap Inc., in a statement. “His insights and leadership will bring great value to our company and shareholders.”

The announcement was made right after the market closed. Shares of Gap Inc. ended the day up 2.3 percent from the prior close to $23.15, which is near the retailer’s 52-week high of $23.45.

from wwd of today :flower:

thanks for the news Lena,

"I'm free!" exclaimed Eleanor De Sole, wife of Domenico, who has been forced to wear only Gucci-owned labels while her husband and Ford acted as fashion's most powerful partnership.
"I can wear anything I want now. And the first place I'm going is Gap - for a lot of white T-shirts."

she might have provided a hint which is to be developed later.

Originally posted by runner@May 26th, 2004 - 10:36 am
"I'm free!" exclaimed Eleanor De Sole, wife of Domenico, who has been forced to wear only Gucci-owned labels while her husband and Ford acted as fashion's most powerful partnership.
"I can wear anything I want now. And the first place I'm going is Gap - for a lot of white T-shirts."

she might have provided a hint which is to be developed later.
:lol: so very much on the point runner

ps, you are both very welcome :flower:

Originally posted by runner@May 26th, 2004 - 4:36 am
from vogue.co.uk (March 1 2004, AM)

she is free indeed. I can see the stress of wearing a 10 inch heel as opposed to gap flats!!

Originally posted by article
Other boards De Sole serves on include Procter & Gamble, Bausch & Lomb and Telecom Italia, and the advisory board of Harvard Law School.
That is quite impressive.

Here's something interesting in light of the announcement. From a 2002 interview with El Mundo:

p. Cuando los grandes almacenes tipo el español Zara o el americano Gap imitan sus diseños, ¿usted lo interpreta como un éxito, significa que están creando moda?

R. Bueno, a veces exageran, pero la realidad es que sí. Si una firma no hace las cosas bien no le importa a nadie y, en cambio, si tiene éxito, todos tratan de imitarla.

Translation:

Question: When you see megastores like Spain's Zara or the U.S.'s Gap imitating [Gucci's] designs, do you see that as a sign of success that [Gucci] is creating style?

Answer: Well, sometimes it's exaggerated, but in reality, yes. If [Gucci] isn't doing things well, no one will care, on the other hand if we have a success, everyone tries to imitate it.

I admire him a lot.

money makes the world go around...the world go around..the world go around... :innocent:

Gap Signs Up Sarah Jessica Parker and Domenico De Sole

May 26, 2004 - Paris

Gap Inc. has signed up Sarah Jessica Parker and Domenico De Sole, one to advertise the brand the other to sit on the board.
Parker will feature in a series of TV spots and print ads, both alone and in conjunction with other artists, the first of which will debut in late August.
“Sarah Jessica Parker’s unique personal style embodies the spirit and heritage of the Gap brand,” said Jeff Jones, executive vice president of Gap Marketing. Terms of the deal were not released.
Gap’s fall television campaign will air in the United States on all major networks, spot markets and cable beginning in late August. It also will air on networks in Canada and Japan. The print campaign will appear in September magazines on sale in mid-August. The campaign is being developed by Laird+Partners, Gap’s creative agency.
Gap also announced the appointment of De Sole to the company’s board, less than one month after he bid goodbye to his position as CEO of the Gucci Group, the world’s third largest luxury multi-brand company.
“Domenico has skillfully managed one of the world’s most recognized global fashion brands,” said Paul Pressler, President and CEO, Gap Inc. “His insights and leadership will bring great value to our company and shareholders.”
Working closely with designer Tom Ford, De Sole is credited with carrying out the most successful turnaround in luxury history when he revived Gucci from a lost-making, adrift firm into a ten-brand prestige products group.
De Sole will serve on the Board’s Compensation and Management Development Committee. With his appointment, Gap Inc.’s Board will have 14 directors – 10 of whom are independent, as defined by the New York Stock Exchange.
De Sole also serves on the boards of Procter & Gamble, Rochester, Bausch & Lomb and Telecom Italia, the Italian telecommunications company based in Milan. He is also on the Advisory Board of Harvard Law School.

FWD

Originally posted by softgrey@May 26th, 2004 - 10:44 am
money makes the world go around...the world go around..the world go around... :innocent:
one more time!... money makes the world go round, the world go round, the world go round!

:rofl:

...that clinking, clanking sound... money, money, money, money...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->