Front Row? No Thanks

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:heart: i so adore him for actually asking for this, i know quite lots of fashion people that hate front row seats, its true you need to look pleasant all the time, or else your reaction might easily go public, even if its just by chance :lol:

FASHION WITNESS PROTECTION PROGRAM: André Leon Talley has made an unusual request this fashion week: he doesn’t want to be anywhere near the front row or the cameras. Part of it is due to the level of, um, scrutiny Talley has been subjected to in the past, but he said he also just wanted to tip his hat to his colleague, sittings editor at large Camilla Nickerson, whose shoot for October’s Vogue is the “It” reference of the season. “The whole thing has spiraled out of control,” said Talley. And anyway, he said, “I’m tall. I can see from the fourth row, the scrum or back in the bleachers. It’s not where you sit. It’s the contribution you bring with your ideas and your talent.”

The request had everyone confused, though.

One showroom person who handles seating said, “I’ve had people from the Rocky Mountain News tell me they want to sit in the front row, but I have never had someone tell me they don’t want to sit in the front row.”

Others were worried that because of all the press in the tents, the showrooms would be written up for bad behavior for having sat the legendary editor at large in the back, even though that was precisely what he wanted.

But some things don’t change. According to one insider, Talley’s assistant went so far as to relay the un-diva-like request by gently suggesting that Talley might not attend unless he was moved. And there was the fabulous fur coat and shades he was sporting at Diane von Furstenberg, which seemed to be the fashion editor’s idea of invisible chic that, naturally, meant he was highly visible. —

from wwd

:woot: Andre haha! even if he still made a scene to not be seen :lol:

front row is the worst with cameras + videos recording every facial expression one makes, its a burden one needs to be consious of 'not letting show' (much more of boredom hahhahaaa)

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 11th, 2004 - 12:53 pm
front row is the worst with cameras + videos recording every facial expression one makes, its a burden one needs to be consious of 'not letting show' (much more of boredom hahhahaaa)
this I'm sure of, I attended two shows in NY here and I wasn't in the front but it is a circus even from the bleachers :lol:

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 11th, 2004 - 12:53 pm
I'd love to see pics of Lena front row ... Jeremy Scott!
:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by blumarine@Feb 12th, 2004 - 5:51 am
I'd love to see pics of Lena front row ... Jeremy Scott!
:lol: :lol:
:rofl: :rofl:

(i could ask serious money in order to attent a JS 'show' :P )

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 11th, 2004 - 5:53 pm
its so funny seing everyone's head move at exactly the same speed though :lol:

at least in the front row you get good lighting on your face though (normally), and you get to step over the runway without being told off :rolleyes:

I sat right behind him at DVF. Wow! That coat!

I was in the Second row. He was in the last seat of the front row...right where the models pose! B) I had never realized what a large man he was.

what?? he accepted first row?? thats weird no??
you should had asked him how comes he was still sitting front row Sloan

(i have actually chatted him up during the shows last year,
he's real easy to talk to and hold a conversation with)

The show was so packed and he sat down late. I think it would've been hard to get around to get to the second row for him. He did seem really friendly although I did not talk to him. He seemed to enjoy the show.

it soudn sjust liek another war for him to be snoby and special :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->