Gap Bag

Luna

offline.
Reaction score
I saw this on gap.com just now...

I've never seen a bag for so much money from the gap...
ga256932-01p1.jpg

link to gap

It's def. better in white... but I dunno if I'd buy it for 128...

Also.. you can build your own tweed bag with key and lock detailing.. they're kinda cute.

i like it...a bit of a resemblance my white versace bag from last year :heart:

Between which blink of my eyes did the cost of living go up? First Abercrombie and Fitch and now the GAP? Unbelievable. Though it was to be expected. The have been churning out some leather accessories lately though generic probably will sell. :ninja: I wonder if it'll go on sale... :innocent:

Originally posted by luna@Aug 11 2004, 11:24 PM
Also.. you can build your own tweed bag with key and lock detailing.. they're kinda cute.
[snapback]329050[/snapback]​

Where? On the site?

Please elaborate, i'm curious :flower:

Originally posted by CelineChic@Aug 12 2004, 12:41 AM
Where? On the site?

Please elaborate, i'm curious :flower:
[snapback]329104[/snapback]​

I made a new topic about the tweed bags, Celine.. :D

It's sporty, yes, it's very much inspired by the Versace and Sonia Rykiel biker bags. It looks good in white, but not as nice as the big luxury gorgeous Versace one! :P

I really like it :heart: I'd have to see it in person in order to make a final decision, though.

I'm sure it'll go on sale very soon. I doubt anyone will want to pay that much for a gap bag, you're better off paying a few dollars more for a coach bag.

Cheap and ugly! Save up to buy the real thing! no knock-offs :angry:

I actually saw it a couple of days age, and was stunned. I wonder what it looks and feels like in person?

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh@Aug 13 2004, 03:41 PM
Cheap and ugly! Save up to buy the real thing! no knock-offs :angry:
[snapback]331118[/snapback]​

I actually think this bag is pretty cute, not groundbreakingly gorgeous, but cute, especially for the Gap (although they have been churning out a lot of cute things lately, so maybe people will have to stop prefacing their compliments so much).

And Foxie, I just want to say something about your comment. This isn't a knockoff, it is just part of the chain that fashion trends make. The whole slouchy leather bags with zippers/lots of hardware thing has been going on for quite a while, and Versace certainly did not invent it. Expecting every one in the world to save for expensive bags is not reasonable. Like Coco said, "fashion that does not make it to the street is not fashion." If the bag was an exact replica I would have a problem with it, but similar material and hardware does not a knock off make. :flower:

Matt, would you say the same thing about the Dooney & Brooke "it" bag or any of the Baby Phat, Guess, Nine West...etc wannabes?

I might not feel the same way about those bags because they are more blatant copies. Kimora Lee sees what every designer does and replaces their monogram with her own, that is real copying in my opinion. However that D&B bag doesnt anger me that much. LV didnt invent the rainbow, nor the use of a logo. It isnt a copy of a bag it is the following of a trend. I think they are tacky, but not fraudglent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndresKlayr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->