Airline-styled Inspired Tote/bag

j_e_n

Reaction score
I saw a girl at my school using it once. It was a TWA airlines bag. I think it was blue vinyl with white piping. I saw a similar one from www.caseclosedbags.com (do a search for the "galactica" bag). I want to get that one, but I'd much rather get one with the TWA logo if possible. Or, does anyone know where I can find a TWA logo to stick onto the bag?! Is that even possible? Hm. Wouldn't the vinyl melt? Or...glue? I don't know...

Anyone know where they sell airline-style/inspired bags?

Or...does anyone own that "galactica" bag (it was featured in Glamour this month, too! page 174!)? Is it cute? Maybe i'll buy it next month. It's cute...

Check your local thrift stores, they may have them in the luggage section.

aw, no new ones? replicas?

i'm hesitant about getting second hand things. i guess you can say i'm not a vintage kind of girl (authentic vintage that is, i like vintage inspired clothing), hehe...something about wearing/using someone else's stuff kind of creeps me out. it must be the asian in me. we are superstitious and believe that the spirit of a person sort of remains in the items they used to wear or use. so i can't bring myself to buy vintage clothes or bags.

chinese people think that curses can be cast on objects or spirits can be hidden in them, so if you bring the object home, you "claim" the spirit and it follows you forever, until someone else voluntarily "takes" the object (through purchasing it, etc..). i know, sounds dumb, but it's just a part of my culture, so i'd rather not buy a used bag...

sorry for being so much trouble :unsure:

:heart: jen

Hey no problem. But some of these things are really new (never used).

Originally posted by j_e_n@Nov 7 2004, 12:58 PM
aw, no new ones? replicas?

i'm hesitant about getting second hand things. i guess you can say i'm not a vintage kind of girl (authentic vintage that is, i like vintage inspired clothing), hehe...something about wearing/using someone else's stuff kind of creeps me out. it must be the asian in me. we are superstitious and believe that the spirit of a person sort of remains in the items they used to wear or use. so i can't bring myself to buy vintage clothes or bags.

chinese people think that curses can be cast on objects or spirits can be hidden in them, so if you bring the object home, you "claim" the spirit and it follows you forever, until someone else voluntarily "takes" the object (through purchasing it, etc..). i know, sounds dumb, but it's just a part of my culture, so i'd rather not buy a used bag...

sorry for being so much trouble :unsure:

:heart: jen
[snapback]421638[/snapback]​

ohh that creeps me out..never thought about it like that :ninja:

go to ebay and search for "flight bag" you'll find some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->