111 KB · Views: 59
  • thingofbeauty.jpg
    thingofbeauty.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 51
  • vogue38.jpg
    vogue38.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by a moderator:
after reading the book about gia..all i can said just two words sad case.. the reason why she is in modeling just for the sake of getting her mother's attention..she just every right..sex, drugs, fastcars, AIDS and an early death!!!

About the height and weight-

A) Normal people aren't/weren't Gia sized, or the size of any other 'super'. Unless marked plus sized, none of the models I've ever seen have been 5'4 and 140 lbs. Gia was 5'7 and probably c. 115 lbs.

B) Gia would have been famous at any height, like Kate. When you don't have one of the requirements, then you must be the best of the best in all the other departments- measurements, how you walk, how you pose, your energy and intensity. And Gia had that.

I loved her. I definetly prefer the models of the 70s/ 80s. They had spunk and personality. The original supermodels cannot be beat. Today, it seems like any emaciated girl who looks like a little boy can be a model. Most of the models on the runway today just don't seem to have the same personality and charisma as the models in the past.

ShoeLady said:
I loved her. I definetly prefer the models of the 70s/ 80s. They had spunk and personality. The original supermodels cannot be beat. Today, it seems like any emaciated girl who looks like a little boy can be a model. Most of the models on the runway today just don't seem to have the same personality and charisma as the models in the past.

In a way I suppose we are back in the 30s and 40s where models were clotheshangers only and in no way comparable to the stars of the films. Unfortunately, there are no movie stars who live up to the likes of Garbo, Dietrich or Lilian Gish today.

It's true that any girl who is tall and skinny can aspire towards becoming a model. But I think, since 2003, we have seen some trends towards a more beauty and personality oriented look - which is still very girlie because of the 60s influences. Between 1995 and 2002 there was an abundance of models who completely lacked glamorous appeal - I must say I'm very happy those days are over.

KhaoticKharma said:
About the height and weight-

A) Normal people aren't/weren't Gia sized, or the size of any other 'super'. Unless marked plus sized, none of the models I've ever seen have been 5'4 and 140 lbs. Gia was 5'7 and probably c. 115 lbs.

B) Gia would have been famous at any height, like Kate. When you don't have one of the requirements, then you must be the best of the best in all the other departments- measurements, how you walk, how you pose, your energy and intensity. And Gia had that.

Totally agree. Gia was probably thinner when she was ill on drugs, and still modeled during those times. When she was undergoing methodone treatments, her weight went up a little bit, and during the last Cosmo cover she ever had, Franceso Scavullo remarked on her weight gain.
cover-04.jpg

credit: gia-carangi.com
However her beauty was the ruling factor in whether or not she could still continue to model while abusing drugs and showing up late to castings...many other models would've been dropped in a second by an agency if she behaved like that, but not Gia, they couldn't lose their investment in her.
I miss Gia and I doubt we will ever see a model like her in the near future.

I am not an expert, but it seems for me that any models with some issues become hot. As mentioned by someone earlier, Gia did everything: drugs, sex, AIDS and early death. Yet she was stunning. Kate Moss had some issues when she was starting out, the same with James King.

these are a few pictures of her that i love the most..sorry for the quality of the pictures

Attachments

• gia 6.jpg
    gia 6.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 805
  • gia 4.jpg
    gia 4.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 51
  • gia 5.jpg
    gia 5.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 58
  • gia 3.jpg
    gia 3.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 69
I didn't realize it untill now but Jeisa bares an uncanny resemblence to her!!

stl said:
I am not an expert, but it seems for me that any models with some issues become hot. As mentioned by someone earlier, Gia did everything: drugs, sex, AIDS and early death. Yet she was stunning. Kate Moss had some issues when she was starting out, the same with James King.

You could say it was a sense of what made that model different. They stood out in a way that the other models didnt, something about their looks are much stronger. I dont know what it is, maybe its the sense and look of their faces on film that shows they may have "lived" more.

here is a bigger version of the pic from ebay
i really love this cover, it looks like it could had been taken yesterday:woot:

&fin said:
I didn't realize it untill now but Jeisa bares an uncanny resemblence to her!!

I've never realzied that but i can see that you mean... :o

[jeisachiminazzo.fil.ph]

Attachments

• jeisa.jpg
    jeisa.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 47
GIA!!!:heart: :woot:
pics from:ebay

Attachments

• giacarangi_vogueuk_1979.25.jpg
    giacarangi_vogueuk_1979.25.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 42