Gianfranco Ferre Opens A Spa In Milan

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From Wallpaper

Swollen feet and aching backs brought on by intensive pavement pounding and purse-flexing in Milan's designer dominated 'Golden Quadrangle' can now find solace with the shortest of detours. Follow the butterflies at the entrance to the Gianfrance Ferre store in via Sant'Andrea and you'll be led round the back of the boutique to a health and beauty haven created in desinger-label heaven.

Where once the building of a fashion empire began with clothes and ended with homeware, via fragrance, bags, eyewear and watches, now you nothing without a boutique spa and a well-being philosphy. 'The body is more important than fashion,' says Ferre. 'Without it fashion culd not even exist.' Luckily, a former sewing room and dilapidated pool at the back of the Milanese store provided the ideal space to realise a forum for well-being Ferre-style.

For his first spa venture, the architect-turned-fashion designer chose to collaborate with the masters of mind and body pampering, E'spa, whose approach to treatments blends aromatheraphy with Eastern and Arabic healing practices and hi-tech hydrotheraphy rituals.

Unusually in the planning of such projects money matters are said to come secondary to the design fantasies of the architect Ezio Riva , who worked closely with both E'spa and Ferre. Showers, floors and the Moorish steam room are all lavishly decked with blak, bronze and gold Bisazza mosiac tiles, while the hydrotheraphy pool is drenched in atmospheric (and therapeutic) lighting. Elegant cream leather and polished walnut wood furnishings and views onto an enclosed garden complete the luxury experience.

But with just two treatment rooms (one VIP), the capacity to accomodate six at a time and a weightly clientele (Pavarotti and Madonna, reportedly), be prepared to wait in line for the privilage to beautify chez Ferre.
E'spa at Gianfranco Ferre, via Saint'Andrea 15, Milan. Prices from Euro 60.

Sounds cool! :o Wanna go there! :wink: But seems to expensive! :unsure:

Is this a new trend? Because Dolce & Gabbana opened "Grooming" in their man's store in Milan. With treatments by Carita and Clé de Peau (both Shiseido companies). And Donna Karan wants to open a chain of spas she calls Urban Zens.

i sure hope Gianfranco will be using this spa :lol: its about time he got that belly of his some attention :P

did you know Givenchy also apened some Spa's in france

Oh I forgot about those! The Givenchy spa in Versailles closed I think, but there is still one owned by Merv Griffin in Palm Springs...

Didn't Ferre lose weight already? Not as much as Karl tho. :P

Ferre always looks like he should be an orchestra conductor to me :lol: he is so funny :blush:

he is a circle

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinribs98
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->