Giorgio Armani "Acqua di Gio Essenza" Fragrance : Simon Nessman by Bruce Weber

^ Is that a new picture? If so, does it count as another/new campaign? Anyway, Simon looks perfection as always, I'm palpitating :crush:

It means they're extending their fragrance contract with Simon. Sometimes some brand change the campaign image like this and sometimes they don't :smile:

^ Thanks for the info Flashbang :flower: I guess the ad was a success then, I mean how could it not!

I'm gonna be extremely biased, but Simon can do no wrong in my eyes. He's def. the best, and this Armani ads he has been pulling out are nothing but exceptional, and what's so great about it, is that he can give this sublime/sensitive look, but at the same time in manly/youthful way.

WATER WORKS: Jason Morgan is the new face of Giorgio Armani’s Acqua di Giò men’s scent, WWD has learned. The model will appear in an international campaign photographed by Matthew Brookes, which is due to break globally in February. Jacob Sutton lensed the corresponding film. Morgan succeeds Simon Nessman, who has fronted Acqua di Giò since 2012. The scent was first introduced in 1996 and remains a bestseller for Armani, whose beauty license is held by L’Oréal.

Matthew Brookes (Photographer)
Matt Mulhall (Hair Stylist)
Hiromi Ueda (Makeup Artist)

342325-800w.jpg

342326-800w.jpg

342703-800w.jpg

models

The new fragrance Acqua di Gio Profumo by Giorgio Armani is already for sale, but the company has launched a new series of advertisements featuring handsome all-American model Jason Morgan (who is also the face of new advertisements for the original Acqua di Gio fragrance). Advertising films were created by London-based fashion photographer Jacob Sutton using stop-motion photography (a method of time-lapse photography which fuses the individual frames into a single movement), and British photographer Matthew Brookes, whose photographs offer emotional surprise to echo the "liveliness" of the composition.

Filming of the commercial, which emphasizes the power of natural forces, took place in London, in the halls of the famed Pinewood Studio, on a specially created set designed to simulate a granite rock face.

The behind-the-scenes clip is as appealing as the final advertisement.

Both Jacob Sutton and Matthew Brookes executed campaigns for the original Acqua di Gio fragrance as well. The original ads for Acqua di Gio are some of the most iconic images in men's fragrance advertising and were shot by legendary photographers of the late 20th century. Both filmmakers discuss the challenges of following in the footsteps of the masters while trying to create something new.

Acqua di Gio is a classic in the aquatic genre and was first launched in 1996. Successor Acqua di Gio Profumo offers a more modern take on the aquatic theme and launched in early 2015. The perfumer behind both fragrances is Alberto Morillas.

o.33286.jpg

o.33287.jpg

fragrantica

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->