Giorgio Armani Privé Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

mestro is (almost) back. last few seasons were dicey, if not just straight up odd for him, but this is better. much better than most of his pandemic HC shows. lovely moments throughout, notably the garish 80s look is tamed in a tender way - more approachable and adaptable, if needed.

can't help but think of junon with two of those dress, though. a pleasantly light collection.

Not my taste but how he works with fabrics… he’s at ease. The lightness of it all. You can tell even just by sheer images that they look luxurious. this level of craftsmanship should be bare minimum with couture but alas, not.

Atelier of dreams, considering they were put to work with these 92 looks on top of all the other collections they deal with.

A lot of this is a bit dated, but it's dated in a lovable way because that's Armani Privé for you. This is old guard couture that still puts others to shame, even if things don't look as contemporary as they should or could. And he STILL knows his way around a mean jacket and bodice. Especially in satin, having it sit so smooth and seamless with no puckering. It's beautiful. And that's what I appreciate about Privé, the designs might not always be there but the actual craft of the clothes are where couture should always be at.

Also, not a single bead on that runway by the final look (from what I can see). They are sewn in tight!

This is a masterclass on how to be a couturier. The perfect cut and finish, the restrained excess, the contrast between melancholic and lady like, the use of the right fabric and the perfect fit( most likely the show I've seen with the best fitting pants this season). Always enjoy his shows, these are pieces that will be worn for years.

VOGUE.COM
Armani Privè is the saving grace of Haute Couture. I'm longing for the glamour and sensuality of the couture dressing from the era of Valentino Garavani which Mr. Armani serves.

Long live the King

I
This is Haute Couture! There’s an allure and the quality of those fabrics screams at you in a way that quiet luxury couldn’t!

Armani put that atelier to work!

Alors, it’s not perfect. Sometimes, it’s a bit dated in the styling and some of those colors are a bit garish. I also think it needed an editing in terms of look but when the Maestro is doing good, it is good!

I think the lace one shoulder dresses, that exquisite tuxedo jacket, those one shoulder dresses and that black stunning number towards the end with the pocket are all in another league.
I just want to wear them!
This is surely the best collection so far!
and the sensuality!

In the YT clip, at 17:48, there's a beaded pink blouse, worn with billowing black trousers that looks like a floor-length gown. Can we get Cate Blanchett in that outfit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blipster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->