Girls Aloud

Ooh Nicola's hair/makeup looks a bit too much there in the last shot. Kinda tragic. And I usually love her style

Ooh Nicola's hair/makeup looks a bit too much there in the last shot. Kinda tragic. And I usually love her style
I believe these shots are taken after the concert, that´s why she´s got so much make-up on.

Fashion Tips From Girls Aloud's Stylist
Ever lusted after Girls Aloud's super stylish look? Well Stylist Frank Strachan is the man behind the girls wardrobe and that makes him the man to talk to about fashion at the moment so we grabbed him for a quick chat about the girls, trends and Kit Kats.

Hi Frank have you been up to anything exciting recently?
I have recently styled Girls Aloud for a photoshoot for the Kit Kat Senses Fashion Break and then I spent last weekend in Manchester with them working on tour - I have also been working with a fantastic new artist Julian Perretta who is supporting Girls Aloud on their tour.

How have you enjoyed working with Girls Aloud?
I've thoroughly enjoyed working with the girls over the last three years. They are really great girls and working with them is always exciting and always busy! I have worked with them for the last three years as one of their stylists for photo shoots, music videos and tours. It has been amazing to work with one of the most successful girl groups of all time, something I am defiantly grateful for.

Can you tell us any of Girls Aloud’s style secrets?
I must say they all have their own distinct style to suit their individual strong personalities. One of the best things about GA is that they work well individually as well as a solid unit. They are the type of people who will wear clothes because they look good but more importantly because they make them feel good, not just because they are in fashion or the ‘in’ thing. Nicola is really interested in fashion, she is really clued up with what’s going on from season to season, upcoming designers etc.. and goes to all the shows off and on schedule.

What are their favourite looks?
They all have an individual sense of styles which don't cross over. I think that my role as a stylist is to help them to discover what their individual style is, whether it is a little more edgy like Sarah or more feminine like Nicola. I will never tell someone what to wear; I work with people to highlight what they have already got and give them direction towards looks they are trying to achieve. The girls and my other clients always get a say in what they wear and I wouldn't want it any other way!

What looks do you think will be big this year?
The recession is making fashion really interesting, it is inspiring people to be creative with their styles. I am a big fan of the high street... Top Shop is fantastic I could spend all day in there, that would be one of the first places I would take one of the winners of the Kit Kat Senses Fashion Break if they weren't from London as it is whole new experience entirely. I am a big fan of River Island for shoes and Miss Selfridge are really good for quirky denim pieces whether it be high waisted denim shorts, a quirky jump suit or a key pair of jeans.

Are there any items that are 'Must Buys' for Spring/Summer 09?
Everyone is still going mad for gladiator sandals but personally I'm getting quite bored with them! I recommend customized Havianas from Selfridges which give some individual style. One of the key looks for the summer is nudes and pastels, also mixing floral patterns together works well even if they clash. The recession means that simplicity is back in but accessories can change an outfit, liven and entertain. Working on a budget doesn't mean you have to be dull with your choices.

Looking ahead to Autumn/Winter what trends do you think will be big then?
There is going to be a lot of red and black. I love cropped leather jackets with studs. Simple outfits which are enlivened with statement accessories whether it’s with jeweller or a cropped jacket (loving right now), jewellery etc...

Which celebrity would take your Best Dressed crown for this year?
I think Drew Barrymore has a great style for everyday wear. She always wears the right thing to suit her shape and I love the vintage element to her look.

What are the high points of being a celebrity stylist?
I would say working with tabloid favourites. It’s great to see your chosen styles in the papers the next morning after the celebrities have been out in front of the paps. I love to see people comment on my style choices and taking on board work which I have done with the celebs and making their outfits their own.

What are the low points?
It has to be the end of the season - when we are all waiting around for a new collection everything in the shops are really disorganized with sizes all sold out! I'm sure you can all appreciate the frustration when trying to get hold of things.

Is there anyone you would like to dress?
I would love to style Beyonce as I am a massive fan. Gwen Stefani or Madonna would also be great as they are both strong women with individual and sometimes flamboyant styles. On the other hand Alexander Burke would be good as she is a beautiful woman who I feel is still trying to establish her own sense of style- something I think I could help with.

Can you tell us a bit more about the Kit Kat Senses Fashion Break?
The Kit Kat Senses Fashion Break promotion was recently launched by Girls Aloud, with a big photoshoot that I got to style them for which was great. It is an on-pack promotion, offering consumers the chance to win £1000 shopping spree, and three of the winners will have me to shop with them to help them find their perfect style! Each Kit Kat Senses wrapper has a unique code placed inside it and you can enter online at kitkat-perfectbreak.co.uk.

How did you get involved with this?
Well I've worked with the girls for three years now so I suppose I have a real good sense of their style and we work really well together and the whole promotion is about fashion and style so this seemed like a fantastic opportunity! I also love Kit Kats but have eaten way too many throughout the campaign!

Celebrity stylist, Frank Strachan is currently working with Girls Aloud to launch the Kit Kat Senses Fashion Break Promotion. For your chance to win a £1,000 shopping spree with him, just enter the unique code placed inside special Kit Kat Senses packs at kitkat-perfectbreak.co.uk.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/lifestyle-fashion/styletrends/Girls+Aloud-8677.html

CQ speaks to Girls Aloud stylist Frank Strachan

How long have you been styling GA and in what way have they become more fashion savvy?
I have been one of the stylists for Girls Aloud for the past 3 years now. They have been in the band now for such a long time and during this period have grown as people so much. All women's sense of style grows over time, they are more conscious about what to wear, what makes them feel and look good and as a result become more confident as people. In a sense they have become more fashion savvy but this has evolved with age, confidence and an understanding of themselves.

Who is the most fashion forward of Girls Aloud?
Well they all have their own individual style. Nicola is really interested in fashion, she is really clued up with what's going on from season to season, upcoming designers etc.. and goes to all the shows off and on schedule.

Who is the least interested in fashion?
They are all interested in fashion and have their own personal style. They are the type of people who will wear clothes because they look good but more importantly because they make them feel good, not just because they are in fashion or the 'in' thing.

What are your tips for dressing on a budget?
The recession means that simplicity is back in but accessories can change an outfit, liven and entertain. Working on a budget doesn't mean you have to be dull with your choices. Add statement accessories to simple outfits whether it's jewellery or a cropped jacket (which I'm loving right now!). Have fun with your wardrobe don't be afraid to be adventurous as long as you are comfortable in what you wear your confidence will shine through. Good underwear is also a key piece to get right- Primark have some great body shaping underwear available for only £2.50.

What inspires you?
A lot of my inspiration is taken from music videos new and old. I love to re-discover old videos and the old styles used in them no matter how flamboyant they are! YouTube is perfect for this. When I was growing up all my references were taken from books and magazines and now YouTube offers a window into the past and present which is always accessible wherever you are. 'Numero' (amazing French mag -ed) also inspires me and is a great reference when it comes to creating a rather different and funky look, perfect for music videos and themed photo shoots.

How did you start your career, and who else have you styled?
I have always wanted to be a stylist, initially I was drawn to the magazine styling side of things as this was the only thing available to me growing up in Blackpool and where I drew all my inspiration from- I-D, Dazed and Confused and Vogue were like style bibles to me and always wanted to be part of that scene.I moved to London and took a course in design at Central St Martins. Throughout this period I did a lot of work experience at Attitude Magazine where I am now the fashion editor. Despite never wanting to be a designer, the course has helped me to understand the background and skills it takes to be a designer- something that has definitely benefited me in the long run. Whilst at college, William Baker (Kylie's creative director at the time) saw some photos of my collection and an article on me by Dazed and Confused and offered me a styling job with Kylie, something I continued doing for the next 3 years...
Other people I have worked with include Britney Spears, The Pet Shop Boys, Jamelia and Girls Aloud.

Who do you think has the most dramatic style?
I think Jennifer Connolly is rather dramatic but in a good way. She rocks out really mental looks, wearing exciting and daring pieces from designers such as Balenciaga, looks that would scare most people. You expect most Hollywood actresses to play it safe but she always looks beautiful and different from the rest of the crowd carrying it off in a classy but effortless manner.

What other celebrities would you like to style if you could?
I would love to style Beyoncé as I am a massive fan. Gwen Stefani or Madonna would also be great as they are both strong women with individual and sometimes flamboyant styles. On the other hand Alexander Burke would be good as she is a beautiful woman who I feel is still trying to establish her own sense of style- something I think I could help with.

http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/2009/05/frank-strachan-girls-aloud-interview-competition-stylist.html

Kimberley and Justin in the Carribean (16/6/09)

GAM (Lah)

Kimberley Walsh arrives at LAX airport with her boyfriend Justin Scott after their vacation. Los Angeles, California, USA. 19/06/2009

GAM (HIBS1875)

Kimberley and Justin out in LA (20/06/09)

GAM (Lah)

I love the fact that Kim is getting more and more attention!! This means more pics for us... But Justin doesn't look too pleased with the paps... Hehe...

And I have to state the obvious once again: Kim has a gorgeous body, I love her hips !

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->