Gisele`s fruity language

Heroin_Chic

Reaction score
GISELE'S FRUITY LANGUAGE

spacer.gif
GISELE BÜNDCHEN clearly ignited jealously in her fellow models from the first moment she arrived in New York to begin modeling. Housed in a model apartment at the age of 16, two years after first being discovered, she lived with a few fellow mannequins who were older than her and took advantage of her lack of English by encouraging her to call everybody she met an "****hole". "I could only speak a few words – hello, goodbye, one, two, three, four, five, but that was about it," the 24-year-old model and girlfriend of Leonardo DiCaprio told talk show host Conan O'Brien. "I used to live in a model apartment before I had my own place and I was 16. What did I know? The girls were all older than me and they would go, 'Gisele – ****hole is good.' I was so excited about learning this new word, I wrote it down and went around saying it to everyone. There was an amazing doorman where we lived and he was about 70-years-old and really nice. So I would go down and say 'good morning ****hole'. He is looking at me but I don't understand. I get to the agency and I am like to all the bookers 'hello arseholes'. Spanish was my native language, thank God one of the bookers explained I could not say that word. I never said sorry to the doorman so if he is watching, I'm sorry." (April 7 2005, AM)

http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=24891

:rofl:

Haha, I can just imagine that! But isn't her native language Portugese...?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Brazilian people also speak spanish, i know this romanian girl who also speaks spanish and portuguese...it's all related

cool!
Yes in Brazil its Spanish and Portuguese mainly!
I am so excited that she speaks spanish:buzz:

Yeah, I know that they are very similar but I was wondering if it was a mix-up.

I like Gisele Bundchen, she's my favorite! I didn't knew that she spoke Spanish....

I think Spanish doesn't sound at all like Portuguese...funny though!

IMO, Italian sounds more like Spanish and then its Portuguese (or French I think).

Depending on the part of Brazil you live in you maybe more likely to speak spanish than portugese or speak both.

I know someone you his from a place in Brazil that is very close to the border of Bolivia and so she spoke both languages perfectly.

:lol: That is so funny, her saying Good Morning ****hole. Those flatmates of hers were a bunch of witches though.:ninja:

Spanish sounds more like Portuguese than Italian.
i think there was a mistake in the article..Gisele's first language is portuguese and from what i know..brazilians get spanish in school but it's far from being their unofficial language or whatever.

LOL... she told this exact same story on Leno a few years ago. She called her roommates 'crazy b*tches'.

the full version of gissy's conan appearance:

gisele looked good. long hair, brown on top, blonde bonded extensions more curly halfway down her chest. even conan, who is VERY tall [6'4" or so] remarked how tall she is.
brown boots, black jeans, pretty tight, tucked into boots. honestly i dont think that black jeans & brown boots are properly co-ordinated.
the jeans were tight & her body looked good. she wore a light colored low cut white tight blouse under a shiny-ish cropped jacket, kinda purple with buttons.
she adjusted her boobs very overtly at least twice, pushing them up from below & forming melons in her blouse so they shone like lanterns. the move that eugenia did in VF. she started out playing with his high red pompadour. I think that is a common seduction/flirt move so she was making an effort to get him on her side.
he stuck his hair up more & she made a 'something about mary' joke. as you may know that famous scene involved semen in cameron diaz' hair.

her first anecdote regarded her nicknames as a child- olive oyl, stilt legs, and then a slumped posture to disguise her height. we have heard this olive oil thing a lot.

then gis went into her main story, this about when she was a new model in nyc at age 16 and unable to speak more than 5 words of english.
she cld hardly communicate with anyone, and would say 'yes, no, good morning, one two three' the other models in her model apartment taught her that 'sh*t' and '*sshole' were positive words. so she claimed she called a 70 yr old doorman and a booker or client at a go see '*sshole.' she actually said both sh*t & *sshole twice each, all bleeped of course. since these stories are all pre-prepared & coached, I think gissy resorting to juvenile curses for laughs is pretty lame. its also a poor role model for the more impressionable youngsters. conan joked that the 70 year old was dead by now & gis said 'Im not that old!' which shows me that she is already pondering being over the hill in modelling at 24.

her final segment was the most obvious promo aspect, they held up the new vs '900 pound' SEXY book. Its odd theyre promo-ing this book which is not sold?
it looks like a lot of typical vs bikini pics, not sure why its a special project? gissy also said she doesnt know why its special!!
there is a photo show at milk studios tues & weds this week. they mentioned underwear she gave conan last time. he explained they were mens.
she then mimed 'panties' by making a shape at her waist, putting her fingers in her lap. they talked about a new 'super' bra that scientists had invented for vs & gisele.
conan made a joke that scientists could be doing more important work such as curing disease.

it was an 8 minute or so interview. as I recall her leno interview & previous conan were 2 segments. this was 1 segment. I found this to be a very uneventful interview that also provided less psychological insight than past appearances. her english continues to improve but her ricky ricardo-like accent remains.
I was disappointed to hear the old olive oil stuff. i was more disappointed that her planned comedy involved her cursing 4 times. she did look nicely in face & body and was animated as usual. apparently that nervous energy did not translate to comedy skills in taxi? other than her looks this was a totally fortgettable chat show segment.
rating: 5 out of 10.

i love gisele... what a funny story! thanks for sharing it with us, heroin_chic! :lol: :heart:

Spanish is not spoken currently in Brazil, their national language is portuguese, and only portuguese.

Brazilians who speak spanish is because they´ve studied it or learnt it someplace else.
I´m preety sure near the borders with spanish-spoken countries (Uruguay, Argentina, Bolivia, etc) some brazilians know some spanish in addition to portuguese, but brazilians are quite deffensive of their languages, and it´s more likely that people in the spanish spoken borders tend to speak portuguese that the other way around.

Portuguese seems quite similar to spanish when written, but for a spanish speaker like me when two brazilians speak portuguese in the street it´s very difficult to understand almost anything....:doh:

yeah, gisele must have been misquoted. her native language is portugese, that's what she said on camera before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->