Givenchy A/w 04

Originally posted by Lena+Mar 5th, 2004 - 7:29 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Mar 5th, 2004 - 7:29 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by MissPurple@Mar 6th, 2004 - 3:25 am
Originally posted by Lena@Mar 5th, 2004 - 6:57 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple
@Mar 6th, 2004 - 2:51 am
Even though this is nothing exciting, I think it's a great collection by Julien MacDonald for Givenchy.

maybe his best ever :innocent:

:lol: isn't this too late though?! :innocent:
:lol: absolutely late, still ..better late than never :wink: [/b][/quote]
:lol: right!
at least he's done this very "Givenchy" collection before he leaves :wink:

Looks good - agree should have done earlier, but what happened to these companies being a bit patient a letting someone grow into a company

He's had some good, some bad and some average collections - but the advertising has much improved whilst he's been there and he's basically launched Givenchy into accessories (I can't remember any leathergoods form them before), which is so important these days, overall I would have to say he's probably done a better job than mcqueen did

Anyway who knows he might stay - there hasn't ever been an official announcement has there? It seems to have just been expected he's going

i like it...

nice work...

i hate it when they reopen labels and the new designer doesn't go through the back catalogues and doesn't stay true to the label.

ford made a mockery of ysl and turned it into a gucci clone.

so it is nice to see julien putting out at least ONE givenchy collection. :flower:

Originally posted by Lena+Mar 5th, 2004 - 5:59 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Mar 5th, 2004 - 5:59 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-LibertyRose@Mar 6th, 2004 - 1:53 am
These are imitations, I know, but SO much better than the crapfest that MacDonalds has been producing for the past couple seasons.
i so agree :wink:

its a retrospective that so suits the Givenchy spirit,
his first and last TRUE Givenchy collection..
better late than never :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
lol well said

Interestingly there is a quote from the brand new ceo of Givenchy saying that no decision has yet been made on Julien's position - he said 'it could go either way', we may be seeing more of him than we expected in the future - although the review isn't great in by Suzy she seems to be having a dig at Lvmh rather than Julien himself

just got this from Reuters :flower:

PARIS (Reuters) - Some go out with a bang, others with a whimper.

As the fashion industry gears up for the event of the week, Tom Ford's final show for Yves Saint Laurent on Sunday, Welsh designer Julien Macdonald made a discreet exit from Givenchy after a rocky three-year tenure.
Famous for putting pop stars into "barely :sick: there" dresses, Macdonald struggled to fit in at the house that dressed Audrey Hepburn. He leaves Givenchy just as he is hitting his stride.

Models paraded in cocktail gowns and prim tailored suits that recalled the optimistic glamour of the 1950s -- think Doris Day starring opposite Rock Hudson in "Pillow Talk."
A trapeze-shaped jacket in glistening olive tweed came with elbow-length sleeves and was fastened in front with an oversized belt knot. A black taffeta halterneck dress trailed a huge bow.
Black poloneck sweaters were topped with variations on the bolero jacket, some in fitted white cotton, others in black leather that bustled like a capelet in the back. Capri trousers featured detachable pockets in satin or velvet.
Givenchy has yet to announce a replacement for Macdonald, who irked his bosses at Givenchy's owners, luxury giant LVMH, by leaking the news of his departure and declined to speak to reporters.

"I'm not doing any interviews," the normally effusive designer told Reuters.

Macdonald has described his time at Givenchy as "a nightmare I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy" :lol: and said recently it was his decision to leave after his contract expires in April.
"Everybody has been talking about how I've been dumped because :innocent: I can't cut the mustard, but it's not true," Britain's Daily Telegraph quoted him as saying last week.

"In fact, the label is desperate for me to stay. I'm incredibly flattered, but I'm going to say no. I find the role far too restrictive and I can't do what I want." :rolleyes:
Regardless of the middling reviews he has garnered, Macdonald does appear to have learned a useful lesson in Paris. His own label collection, shown in London in February, surprised critics with its focus on old-school Hollywood glamour.

Was there a hidden message in the song that closed Friday's show? Macdonald took his final bow to the tune of Frank Sinatra crooning "I've Got You Under My Skin."

Hey, I like this collection!!

00010f.jpg
00040f.jpg

00110f.jpg
00250f.jpg

This is a nice collection. But it makes no sense when you look at the past four seasons at Givenchy...

spring 2003: sexy, tarty bright St. Tropez looks
fall 2003: zipped-up spy girl
spring 2004: hippie chic
fall 2004: the return of the lady (?)

What exactly is he trying to do here? In just two years of shows he has created clothes for 4 different customers. Does the Givenchy client have multiple personality disorder? If he had some focus and some sense he would've picked one side and stuck to it. I know it's a hard job taking over such a revered house (especially from someone like McQueen). But Julien's vision for Givenchy has been soooo schizophrenic. :wacko:

so schizo indeed

hwoever, im embaressed to say btu i did like this collection

good hes goen though :innocent:

just had a look at this collection..i got sucked in by the initial looks posted by the media and didn't really give the collection a chance...i really like it and i LOVE the shoes... :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->