Givenchy Resort 2009

givenchy-1bis.jpg

givenchy-2bis.jpg

givenchy-3bis.jpg

givenchy-4bis.jpg

I don't like pink and I like this pink. The shoes look fab.
via WWD

i can't see any of the pics you posted...

SO nice.

i like this dress (http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn67/crl0426/givenchy-6.jpg) even though the print looks like puke :lol:

the only awful thing is the cowboy boots...... in gold mirrored leather?!? :huh:

and it's great to see that the shoes from the ss08 couture collection are being done in a rtw version (http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn67/crl0426/givenchy-3.jpg); a friend of mine was considering dropping the $2400 for the satin couture version but the neon leather is so much cooler. plus i'm sure it'll come in basics.

What i love About riccardo's Collections is its always him but you are always shocked like "oh... i didnt know you could do color well" he is the only real surprise in paris each collection he introduces new signatures while building on what he has already established.
his fall RTW collection was his most sucessful editorally and commercially the orders for that collection were wild and you will see more of that collection in stores than any of his previous collections check out Luisaviaroma.com look for givenchy that collection is a hit. this collection is just another hit for him. Riccardo is soon to become the king of paris watch out Karl.

Figures that he finally does color and it's neon.

I was so wishing he would've done really great, chic colors....not hideously overplayed fluorescents.

i dont know what editors have said they didn't like it...:ermm:...

everyone i know thinks givenchy is super cool...
just really unaffordable...

i mean...
just look how popular the bags are...
if editors didn't like tisci's work they wouldn't be carrying the bags...

:P

what i think is the actual complaint that editors have is what you just showed...
it's always the same...:lol:...

I think AGiles is referring to the unpleasant reviews his debut Spring RTW collection received.

"PARIS, October 5, 2005 – There's only one way to sum up what went on at Givenchy: It was painful. First, the drag of crossing traffic-clogged Paris at rush hour, followed by an interminable wait for the show to begin. Then the pretentious presentation: android-faced women circling endlessly in a white space, trussed up in skirts and dresses so constricting it looked like a special form of cruelty to models. This was Riccardo Tisci's first stab at Givenchy ready-to-wear, and it was a perplexing move both for the designer and the brand, which has been troubled by several swerves in direction over the past few years. From what was possible to ascertain about Tisci's style, when glimpsed at Givenchy's couture show in July, a kind of gothic romanticism might have been expected. That was nowhere to be seen in this collection, which, with its bandaged, below-the-knee hobble skirts and relentlessly seamed, formfitting jersey dresses, was more an homage to the eighties heyday of Azzedine Alaïa and Thierry Mugler, treading on heavily ugly block-heel shoes.
The confusion here is as much to do with what Givenchy means to the world at large as it is about the difficult contrivances of Tisci's designs. SinceHubert de Givenchy launched his first collection as a few simple staples to get a woman through her everyday life (a trench, a pair of pants, a black turtleneck, an LBD, and so on), the brand has, in recent times, swung from Alexander McQueen's dominatrix severity to Julien Macdonald's unbridled bling. With Tisci in the hot seat, there's yet another change of gear going on—one that seems diametrically opposed to the approachable, commercial image presented by Liv Tyler in the company's fragrance advertising. Essentially, that leaves Givenchy facing the same question as it was when McQueen arrived: At exactly what kind of woman is it aimed? This nerve-grating collection didn't provide any kind of answer." -Sarah Mower for style.com

"Strange as it may sound, Mr. Tisci seems to suffer from an excess of talent and enthusiasm. He is like a little boy in a candy shop, and the candy shop is Givenchy, with its history of glamour and tailoring. Mr. Tisci got a little carried away with the tailoring, sending out trumpet skirts in misjudged proportions and metallic leather hot pants with gladiator belts. White cotton shirts were beautiful.
Mr. Tisci had many fine pieces, but they didn't come together. And it wasn't clear from his alien-looking models whether this was his female ideal.
He has a lot of good ideas, but he doesn't need to obscure them with overwrought couture effects, fake modern backdrops and clunky white shoes that scream, "Nurse!"" -Cathy Horyn from nyt.com

I didn't mind it in 2005 but I'm awfully bored now.

GOLD COWBOY BOOTS

*PAGES CHAUSS*

wear it w/ the same outfit u always wear, girl.

I thought SS was brilliant. Do you judge a collection based on your personal preference? Are you influenced by reviews?

The first look is rather dull, but I really like the second look. The shoes, the jeans and the top... :wink:

I want a Givenchy a/w blouse.....

I like everything here except the orange stuff - which colour I hate. think he does need to watch the spanish/cowgirl theme doesn't go too far though....

Very lovely...
Love the blk. dress w/ the ruffles... :heart:
Though they're completely diff...
Givenchy (& Balmain, too) is always cooler than Balenciaga, imo.. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"