Givenchy Mens S/S 2016 Paris

Lazy. Stars and logos, skirts for men, religious motifs, shirts wrapped around the waist once again. Guess that makes them coins. No thanks.

The women's pieces were nice to look at though. As was the casting :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
So many beautiful pieces. I'm excited to see everything in store. Great collection, Tisci ^_^

^ Add hella to your comment. As in Hella Lazy!!! I was more interested to see the accompanying women's looks. And this was supposed to be menswear. I loved Jamie's look for example! I too am tired of the urban/religious tropes but I thought O'Shea was such a smart and regal opener, that I rewatched it several times over.

this is hands down the best show this mw season so far

it is fantastic. flawless. i love it so so so much.

My excitement and interested in this collection was put out once I saw the first Jesus print look. Foolish me thought the rest of the show would continue without his lazy prints. My disappointment was quickly replaced my confusion when the women's looks started appearing as I could not find a single connection to the men's collection. Though the women's pieces were largely great, I can't get beyond how out of place it all is.

I must say I would not complain at all if I got the men's sheer black sweatshirt. :ninja:

Could live without all those prints. The women's looks clearly outshine the men's looks here.

I don't even know why I clicked on this but the women's looks are surprisingly good and better than anything he's shown recently... I guess it is same old same old with him but when you look at all these recycled themes and elements and when he still crafts something desirable out of these ideas, can we blame him for exploring a territory he's clearly very interested in?. I'm not sure how I feel about the menswear stuff, which is sad because this is the menswear show (btw aren't guys getting tired that some mens shows become more and more womenswear each season? :ninja:), I like the palette but many of the actual pieces feel so useless... who would want something so graphic and so utterly trendy even you are so fed up with your item after 10 hours of wearing it...

I still think he does the ***** aesthetic infinitely better than anyone that's tried to go there in Paris, he can make it beautiful and seems to have researched all the components and background to it and struggles.

And btw his casting is always gorgeous!.

If you mean this movement in which designers seem to go the androgynous way and girly sometimes then they are my sentiments exactly, when I saw the opening look I said ohhh God not skirts again. I have noticed most of this season collections have these mean (imo) touches and I'm already getting impatient.

Mixed feelings about this show!
I adore the simple tailored looks. They give me an Helmut Lang vibe (Riccardo and his Helmut obsession). They feels fresh for Givenchy.

I hate with passion his "streetwear Luxury/deluxe" and except for Joan and Naomi's looks, i kinda con't care about his Couture.

So Givenchy Couture has been about sheer dresses for 4 years now. Seriously?

Above all, it was an entertaining show. I love the energy of his shows.

First of all I have to say that Naomi looked amazing. She killed it on the runway and is probably why I don't dislike the show as much.:wub:

I do also love the shades of blue he used which I haven't really seen at Givenchy yet but I found the couture pieces to be so underwhelming and forgettable. Nothing very innovative or 'wow' about them and I feel he's just reusing previous looks but slightly altering them (the colours also looked completely out of place). This is also the second men's show in a row where he's gone all 'religious' and for me I think it ruined the collection because it's never subtle and always in your face what with the Jesus prints and thousands of crosses he shoved on the female models. There were also some nice looks that he ruined by shoving the ugly print on as well. I just find it completely unnecessary and it does make me wonder when he's going to stop because I think it's getting tiresome.

However saying all of that the show was entertaining to watch, the music was good, the runway was interesting (although somewhat relevant to the theme IMO) but at the end during the final walk it did look like quite a mess as some models had to walk through others, I don't know if that was intentional or not.

jaime's dress has the exact same embroidery/embellishments that a fall 2011 couture dress had, and kendall's dress is pretty much a lace-version of a fall 2012 one.

some of the other women's looks are interesting, others are hot messes.

i do enjoy most of the menswear though. i could do without yet another jesus-themed prints galore, but whatever. the more 'formal' looks are great.

As tired as I am of him and his clothes, gotta admit that the HC pieces are sort of cute (Irina's look aside).

I'd just like to add that I'm endlesly fascinated by that stint in the middle section with the hunky twins wearing the same jeans, seperated only by a female model who walked in between them. I had to rewind a couple of times to make sure I saw that right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->