glasses with Blinders

gius

Reaction score
also called Winkers.

Has anyone worn glasses like these?
They have an extra piece on the sides --
I've seen them popping up on the runway for a few seasons, as sunglasses. Marni has them in their menswear. And recently I was watching Vertical Limit and they wear them when they're out in the snow. So maybe they are used for sports too
--originally, the extra pieces on the sides are made to block your vision in a certain area. Intended for horses.. I wonder if that happens with the designer "human" glasses. Does it seem safe at all..

2iup98k.jpg
2mqoyup.jpg

screencap by gius

and the Horses...
20f2gpx.jpg

Blinders, also known as blinkers or winkers, are a piece of horse tack that restrict the horse's vision to the rear and, in some cases, to the side. They usually are made of leather or plastic cups that are placed on either side of the eyes, either attached to a bridle or to an independent hood. Blinkers that have a peep hole cut in the back of the cup are known as visors.[1] Many racehorse trainers believe these keep the horse focused on what is in front of him, encouraging him to pay attention to the race rather than other distractions, such as crowds. Additionally, blinkers (then usually known as winkers) are commonly seen on driving horses, to keep them from being distracted or spooked, especially on crowded city streets. A “set of winkers” can refer to the whole bridle, particularly the heavy bridle used on draft horses.
ttf.org | en.wikipedia.org

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried those?^

I think I've found them here.
They're not on the Marni site anymore

2zhpesh.jpg

thetwodogblog.blogspot.com

i also wonder about the safety..I know they wouldn't work for my bad eyes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camerontroy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->