Glen Luchford - Photographer

stilista

Reaction score
I was sure there was a thread on him....but I can't seem to find anything.

Here's the A&C blurb on him :

Glen Luchford’s earliest photographs appeared on the pages of high-end fashion magazines such as The Face and Arena. His images were celebrated for their fresh, cinematic approach to fashion.

In 1996, his work caught the eye of executives at Prada, and he was commissioned to an unprecedented, two-year advertising contract, in which he helped conceptualize and photograph their successful campaigns. Luchford’s work for Prada won numerous awards and has been featured in galleries throughout Europe and Japan.

Luchford expanded his commercial work by branching into fine art, collaborating on a series of oversized, color nudes with celebrated painter, Jenny Sayville. Their acclaimed joint effort was featured in a number of galleries, including the Pace/MacGill Gallery in New York City.

Luchford’s moody photography continues to appear in magazines - Italian Vogue, American Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Spin, Another, and Rolling Stone - and he’s shared his vision with internationally recognized advertisers such as MiuMiu, Sephora, Callaghan, Smart Car, Jaguar, Trussardi, Iceberg, Hennessy, Patek Phillipe watches and Volkswagen. He’s just completed shooting Levi’s White Line this past season in New York.

And as if his commercial endeavors weren’t keeping him keep busy enough, the latest buzz surrounding Luchford is the full-length documentary film, "Here to Where," showcased (to rave reviews) at film festivals in the US and Europe.

those are fantastic! the perspective/angle is great...
i didn't know of his collaboration with jenny saville, do you have pictures of that, stilista?

well, i meant the first set about the perspective^_^

:D I know! The angles are great, I love those ones...it's amazing how an otherwise boring shoot can suddenly be quite fantastic by change of pose and angle...

I don't think I've seen the Jenny Saville work, but I'll have a look!

hope I'm not being boring, but I have so many great ones in my "Glen Luchford" folder, it's hard to stop posting! :blush:

you're far from boring, i love these. they are sweet and fresh and elegant without being stiff!
droogist posted jenny saville's work in favourite painters some time ago. it's a bit similar to francis bacon with a touch of lucian freud...rather rough i'd say, so i'm curious to see what she did with luchford...

^ah, thanks! see, that's very typical for HER work^_^

I absolutely :heart: the first and the last group!!!! With all those tutus and strange poses, beautiful!!!

I wonder how it came about for Luchford and Saville to work on that project :huh: I would never have paired them normally.

these ones are nice too ^_^

I'm a fan :heart:

Prada campaign, feat. Amber Valletta -- Kate Moss in Bazaar -- misc. photo from Another magazine:

A fan I am...

'The muse' Chloe Sevigny -- Louise Pedersen in V -- more Prada:

yeah...i loved his prada campaigns...
he's been sort of low key these days...

thanks for all the pics...the first story is incredible...:heart:
*sigh*

great work! never heard of him before but these pics are gorgeous and..sexy, in a non-tacky way. ^_^

The angles and framing are definitely prominent aspects of his work . . . the unusual posing in some of the photos combined with the framing makes them so interesting

Definitely very sexy too . . . I can't stop looking at them . . . so different!

I love the "glowing" aspect of most of his shoots. :heart:

My favorite edits are probably the "oh la la" w/ louise pederson and a past story with Natalia Vodianova in W a couple months ago.

attachment.php

attachment.php

i love these! actually, all from this group that you originally posted stilista...i love the dark haziness around the image, and the awkward looking positions. also, the COLORS!

he's amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->